Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 51

Author Topic: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)  (Read 103479 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2011, 10:26:23 pm »

Yes, the no alts rule is really, very stupid. I'm the same, I always want to try out new character concepts...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2011, 11:12:11 pm »

I have mixed feelings about the "no alts" rule. On one hand, I'm really itching to try different builds without sacrificing the XP and time I've invested into my current character; on the other, I'd much rather not get bogged down by swarms of alts trying to grief with high end gear and chain stuns/grabs/etc. Apparently it was a bit of a problem on HellMOO with gooncorps and fire axes (and clubs in general), so they're avoiding the issue altogether.

Apparently, though, you will be able to reroll and keep any journals/achievements/job/etc XP at some point in the future. Not sure about kill/craft XP (doubt it) but it's still a step up from absolutely nothing. This will likely roll out with the ability to create one-shot quest rewards such as deathsuits and clusternukes, since you will only be able to get them once (as opposed to rerolling, getting it again, rinse and repeat).
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2011, 12:33:56 am »

Bradbury is being robbed. Stay logged out if you live there. Friendly advice.
Dood, the Bradbury gets robbed like every three days.  Seriously, just don't live there cause almost anyone who wants to can rob it pretty damn easily.  A lot of people just do it for shits and/or giggles.
Not to mention most people don't bother upgrading their locks... and it's out of FCPD jurisdiction... and the security there sucks...
Now I want to try a picker just so I can break into every room in the Bradbury, leaving behind an unlocked door and a single human skull in each room.
... and then it explodes!

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2011, 03:58:19 pm »

Free Broseidon.

Dimitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2011, 04:47:52 pm »

So, I feel like an idiot.
Before my reroll, I waited until about 28-30k to start working over rednecks, given that I'm paranoid.

I'm ripping through them at just under 10k xp. 1 hit fatalities are the norm. (Fire Axe!  :D )
I got a little laugh in: My bud at about 13-14k appraised me. I'm threatening.
Reflexes=<3

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2011, 10:28:45 am »

Yeah... Reflexes are the first thing any character who expects to see combat should prioritize. Twitchy Nerves is probably one of the better early game mutations, as is Nimble Fingers (but I highly recommend High Density, and possibly Superclot to counter the downsides of less beat resist and less endurance).
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Dimitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2011, 02:49:46 pm »

Yeah, already picked up TN and BS. Have another slot free, though I'll probably wait until I have another slot before I get 'too' wild.
Still, I'm going to start focusing on brawn now. (Reflexes are 18/20 as it stands. NF would make 22, more than enough for early/mid-level, I think.)

On the subject of damage, what mods can a fire axe take?
I know inertia dampers are out of the question. (Boo. Want faster choppy.)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2011, 02:53:36 pm »

Balanced grip? Not sure. That's the main speed increasing mod.

Kilowatt

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2011, 03:06:02 pm »

IIRC, the fire axe can't take any mods.

However, I could be wrong.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2011, 05:02:59 pm »

I know at the very least it can be sharpened (though, with what, I am unsure), because I've seen Sharpened Fire Axes in some places.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2011, 06:22:19 pm »

If you wield your weapon in Dony's store and look at the list you'll see which mods are compatible with your weapon

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2011, 07:05:38 pm »

IIRC, the fire axe can't take any mods.

However, I could be wrong.

monowire, sharpening, grip tape

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2011, 03:59:31 pm »

This game seems to be dying, surely but slowly. Unfortunate, really, but if the top level spergs like Alpha and NDY continue ganking lowbies out of existence, then there'll be no one else to play with~

On another note: Rarely see MAGUS on anymore, and DILZ seems to be on 24/7, with every other corp is few and far between.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2011, 05:15:21 pm »

This game seems to be dying, surely but slowly. Unfortunate, really, but if the top level spergs like Alpha and NDY continue ganking lowbies out of existence, then there'll be no one else to play with~

On another note: Rarely see MAGUS on anymore, and DILZ seems to be on 24/7, with every other corp is few and far between.

Not really surprising though, splintering off from the established community and making a game version that refused to deal with the rampant ganking and newbie oppression that the original Hellmoo admins apparently (so far as I heard tell) finally tried to do something about can't really end well unless your definition of well is some Lovecraft-esque world where a few mercurial, inscrutable jerks of immense power can kill and maim you as they see fit and no matter how much you try, you'll never, ever be able to stand up to them.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2011, 05:26:26 pm »

No, you CAN stand up to them eventually. The problem is that under 100k xp, especially if you're new, there is nothing you can do against someone who knows what to do and has over 150k. Once you've figured out the game, you know the tricks to effective fighting and can do so at lower xps, but by that point you'll have normally reached 100k xp.

It's not really the admins fault. There isn't much they can do, short of constant poking of the system like spawning the black sword and such. Balance is always a joke.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 51