Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 51

Author Topic: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)  (Read 103536 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)
« Reply #495 on: June 13, 2012, 04:24:15 pm »

Sounds like a pointless 5 minute work change.

Amante

• Bay Watcher
  • Yo ho ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 14, 2012, 02:13:19 am »

I always knew HATEmoo would collapse in on itself eventually because all the arseholes went there (including the admins who were so terrible and biased that Gilmore eventually pulled his thumb out his arse long enough to deproged them), probably why I never got back into it after the split last April.

Too bad all the coders who wanted to genuinely improve the game also went (probably because oldmins like Necro wouldn't let them make changes like less grinding), leaving Hellmoo the stagnent carebear shell of its former self.
Quite a funny contradiction, eh? Both versions are fundamentally flawed on their own. Here's to hoping some of the cooler, less crazy admins from HATE (read: not Mada) make it back to Hell and manage to get some good stuff done. I suppose that's just the optimist in me talking, though :)

P.S. laff @ the soon to be "AVALON Port". Guess the five people left playing can enjoy it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 02:21:33 am by Amante »

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 14, 2012, 11:31:08 am »

mada has reimplemented @doing, lmap, and cwho, for the most part. Finally.

Amante

• Bay Watcher
  • Yo ho ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 14, 2012, 02:05:52 pm »

That's good I suppose, but it's kind of meaningless if blinds are still running the show and no one's playing. :(

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 14, 2012, 04:13:47 pm »

Ugh, guess I won't be able to try playing H***moo again after exams.  While we're waiting for something to be sorted out at Hell or Hate has anyone got any idea why this game seems to generate so much admin drama?  I mean... I swear most other games don't have to deal with this kind of thing.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 14, 2012, 05:24:00 pm »

Ugh, guess I won't be able to try playing H***moo again after exams.  While we're waiting for something to be sorted out at Hell or Hate has anyone got any idea why this game seems to generate so much admin drama?  I mean... I swear most other games don't have to deal with this kind of thing.
Admin drama is quite common i think. Its just more noticeable with a smaller playerbase, and when they can make changes to the game people will respond.

And Hellmoo attracts a special kind of crowd while being rather free so admin intervention might be more common.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 16, 2012, 01:58:23 am »

What in the ever screaming christ.  How do things get so bad so fast.
RIP Hatemoo, I will miss the grief.  Hell, I have a log of the senate meeting up until I rage quit and hopped in the suicide booth with all my characters.  Anyone want?  Full of spam since I cannot be assed to fix it or clean it up, but hey, it's there.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 17, 2012, 04:45:29 am »

We should make an all-outlaw Corp on Hellmoo, name ourselves after DF dwarves, and take over. :P
Yeah, that wouldn't last very long... But still. If we ever do that, I'm calling dibs on Rovod.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 17, 2012, 12:06:47 pm »

We should make an all-outlaw Corp on Hellmoo, name ourselves after DF dwarves, and take over. :P
Yeah, that wouldn't last very long... But still. If we ever do that, I'm calling dibs on Rovod.

Considering how bad most of the game is without some competition, I could probably shit out a build that would wreck 75% of the playerbase once I get gear.

Hell, it wouldn't even need to be a GOOD build.  Just one that's self-sufficient.  Rail's blade/brains thing comes to mind.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 17, 2012, 12:27:17 pm »

Could have a non-outlaw section to supply stuff and everything too.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 17, 2012, 12:43:00 pm »

I heard my name

Galick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 17, 2012, 07:46:51 pm »

I heard my name

rail wtb build that wrecks gilmoo tia

Amante

• Bay Watcher
  • Yo ho ho
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 17, 2012, 08:10:35 pm »

Since the readdition of sane alt rules, playing an outlaw is actually feasible now (without having to commit your only character slot to it). So I've thought that an all outlaw corp would be a fun experiment as well. Frankly, it's more feasible to have a mixed corp (mostly normals, who support and shelter a few outlaws), but I think an all outlaw guild is just more fun thematically -- make people fear the corp name, y'know? :)

You could make an alliance with a norm corp to secure yourself some extra support, of course . . .

Edit:
Double exp on everything means you could have groups of people frequently running easy journals and jobs in groups to get newly rerolled outlaws back up to speed quickly. There could be a corp HQ full of good starter weapons, armor, and supplies to facilitate this as well.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 08:14:10 pm by Amante »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 17, 2012, 09:21:40 pm »

Since the readdition of sane alt rules, playing an outlaw is actually feasible now (without having to commit your only character slot to it). So I've thought that an all outlaw corp would be a fun experiment as well. Frankly, it's more feasible to have a mixed corp (mostly normals, who support and shelter a few outlaws), but I think an all outlaw guild is just more fun thematically -- make people fear the corp name, y'know? :)

You could make an alliance with a norm corp to secure yourself some extra support, of course . . .

Edit:
Double exp on everything means you could have groups of people frequently running easy journals and jobs in groups to get newly rerolled outlaws back up to speed quickly. There could be a corp HQ full of good starter weapons, armor, and supplies to facilitate this as well.
Doubled xp, hmm? Assume 3 normals, one harvests trees/antbits, one harvests turtles, one harvests a crap ton of crank and other low end job stuff. When outlaws need a hand to get stronger, the three people just run em through all the easy journals and such. Would work amazingly easily.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 17, 2012, 11:11:29 pm »

Except for the fact that a horde of angry players can and will hunt you down and murder you viciously the moment you go outlaw. I'm not even kidding. Last time Tenren went outlaw, he didn't last an hour even though he was at 300kish xp.
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 51