Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41

Author Topic: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game  (Read 96906 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game
« Reply #480 on: November 05, 2011, 09:17:37 pm »

Blargh. Just got back from a school competition that involved me taking numerous difficult tests on 5 hours of sleep. You'll get your damn update tomorrow. As for right now, I'm sleeping.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MGjn47Y-MTg#t=92s
Davros might have something to say about that.

Destroyer of Worlds? I take that as a compliment.

Ugh why can I not sleep?

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 05, 2011, 09:41:35 pm »

Blargh. Just got back from a school competition that involved me taking numerous difficult tests on 5 hours of sleep. You'll get your damn update tomorrow. As for right now, I'm sleeping.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MGjn47Y-MTg#t=92s
Davros might have something to say about that.

Destroyer of Worlds? I take that as a compliment.

Ugh why can I not sleep?
In Soviet Russia, sleep go to you!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 06, 2011, 04:28:00 pm »

Placeholder post for my update when I finish it.

It seems the dwarf I had claimed in 33 is a ghost in 35. This will make naming difficult. Oh well, I'll roll with it.

Diary of Mego, Chaos Crafter

1st Granite, 33

To celebrate the end of the siege, I organized a party with the military of the fortress. I'm on my way there now.

6th Granite, 35

Man, what the HELL was in that drink? I feel like I've been asleep for ages, and I can't even tell where my body is.

Oh, wait. It's over there, being transparent and floating around.

Shit. I'm dead again. Perhaps this whole permanent-possession thing isn't so great. From now on, I'll just be taking over various people for short periods of time. Starting with this guy:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

First things first. There's another siege, which means there's only one proper way to respond:

As soon as I gave the order, a panting messenger ran to me, screaming something about an important dignitary from the Mountainhomes.

Damnit, can't they see I'm busy? Whatever, I requested more iron, bronze, steel, and meat, and sent him on his way. Hope I didn't miss anything!

While I was waiting on the military to finish training or whatever they were doing, I noticed a fine pair of guantlets on one of them, and decided I wanted more. So, as mayor, I issued a mandate.

There, the first update with the proper save. For some reason, rather than mercilessly slaughtering every enemy in sight, the military prefers to hang around the barracks not moving for 6 days. Whatever, as long as I get my gauntlets.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 10:56:44 pm by Mego »

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 06, 2011, 06:56:40 pm »

Yay updates!..
But your images are broken.
Now they work.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 10:58:25 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 06, 2011, 10:00:41 pm »

Well shit. They were working when I first edited the post. I never saved them to my hard drive, because Fedora 15 gives you the option to directly upload them to Zimagez. I'll dig around and see if I can find them hidden somewhere.

EDIT: Found them hiding in my /tmp folder, and fixed the broken images. Woo!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 10:57:18 pm by Mego »

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 06, 2011, 11:11:51 pm »

OH GOD THE TEXTURE PACKS!!! THEY BURN! THEY BURN!!!!
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 07, 2011, 12:22:27 am »

I can't use the default tileset. It hurts. Plus, I'm colorblind, so differentiation between different tiles is even more difficult. Phoebus' graphics solve both problems.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 07, 2011, 01:00:02 pm »

Late Summer

Oh my armok…

What in the world just happened?

One moment ago, all the animals were in their cages, nice and safe from the extremities of the outside world.
Next thing I know, I hear a loud *CREEEEAAAAAK* followed by the chaotic cries of dwarves and animals as 16 cages simultaneously open themselves.

Beak wolf hunters (they look like giant ugly wingless birds), goblins, rhesus macaques, and a massive minotaur all come stampeding about in the zoo now gone crazy.

Oh, I see one of my traps went off as planned!

I see you also forgot to check on my dwarf. (she went insane, that's why I stopped early)

And nobody fell into my second trap, I see. :(
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 07, 2011, 02:18:15 pm »

Late Summer

Oh my armok…

What in the world just happened?

One moment ago, all the animals were in their cages, nice and safe from the extremities of the outside world.
Next thing I know, I hear a loud *CREEEEAAAAAK* followed by the chaotic cries of dwarves and animals as 16 cages simultaneously open themselves.

Beak wolf hunters (they look like giant ugly wingless birds), goblins, rhesus macaques, and a massive minotaur all come stampeding about in the zoo now gone crazy.

Oh, I see one of my traps went off as planned!

I see you also forgot to check on my dwarf. (she went insane, that's why I stopped early)

And nobody fell into my second trap, I see. :(

your trap JUST now went off? rofl.  Delayed trap ftw!  I wonder if he's noticed my trap yet...albeit mine kind of sucks cause of poor planning.  If mine DOES go off then this fortress is one a very rapid downward slide...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 02:20:40 pm by Ifeno »
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 07, 2011, 04:01:26 pm »

<.< Look at the date of the post I quoted.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 08, 2011, 05:56:03 am »

<.< Look at the date of the post I quoted.

*pokerface*

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 10, 2011, 08:45:19 pm »

Sorry for the lack of updates - I've been swamped with school work these last few days. I should have enough of a break tomorrow to do an update.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 15, 2011, 06:46:30 pm »

With utmost sincerity, I must apologize for failing to keep the commitment of my turn. Too much stuff has sprung up with school, and as a result, I don't have the time to play Dwarf Fortress right now. Perhaps at a later time I will be able to take a turn. But, for now, I ask that I be skipped.

Din182

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 15, 2011, 08:08:25 pm »

Mekboy's turn. I'll message him.

Din182

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 17, 2011, 10:33:41 pm »

How much longer do we give him?