Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41

Author Topic: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game  (Read 96940 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game
« Reply #450 on: October 31, 2011, 07:06:35 pm »

I'm about to load the save. This post is being reserved for my first comments.

Diary of Mego, Chaos Crafter

1st Granite 33

"No, you can't return to the mortal realm! You'll rip the very fabric of space-time!"

"Watch me."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A massive tear appeared in the sky as the souls of the dead fled back into the world of the living. It all looks so very different from when I departed last. Perhaps much time has passed since my last visit. Or, perhaps, much time will pass before my first. Regardless, I needed a body to occupy, so my plans could be executed.

This one will do.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As I got used to my new body, an excited dwarf ran up to me.

"The siege has been broken!"

Uhh... What siege?

"You know, the Tigerman siege that has been going on for weeks now. They're all dead!"

Umm... Sure...

"Did a rock fall on your head or something? You're acting funny."

I have no idea what Tigermen are. I found out very quickly, though, after tripping over a corpse in one of the many, many hallways in this place. A thorough cleaning is in order. But, first, the most pressing question:

Why the HELL are there 4 different Forgotten Beasts/Titans trapped in various places of the fortress? I shall see to those being taken care of soon. I know from experience that there is one thing that will end the existence of any mortal being: magma.

This is certainly not the world I know, Aluorna. Oh well, I may as well make the most out of this trip.

Something about this place is unusual. I have faced evil before. I know what it's like to stand against the legions of Hell. This is not like that. Not at all. This entire fortress seems to be the result of malevolent overseers' attempts to out-do each other with their mad contraptions.

I like it. I think I'll stay here for a while. Perhaps, when I prepare to depart, I can leave my own mark.

---------------------------------------------------------

Just my reactions to opening the save and looking through some stuff. Nothing immediately stands out as being a trap, so I don't think I have too much to worry about. The siege ended abruptly as three fighters (sorry, didn't catch their names) took out the last tigerman after it finished slaughtering a cow. There will be good eating tonight in the fortress.

Anything specific you like/dislike about my storytelling? Let me know, so I can improve.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 08:03:58 pm by Mego »

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 31, 2011, 08:49:23 pm »

a tiger siege?  What about the goblins?  Are you using the right save?
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 31, 2011, 09:01:59 pm »

It's the save from the end of your turn. All the gobbos were dead or caged, and the only invader left was a tigerman.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 01, 2011, 05:06:07 am »

seriously?  how'd that happen?  Cause they where both just sitting right outside when i ended my turn...
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 01, 2011, 05:07:25 am »

also....i didn't have tigermen...i had beak wolves...

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 01, 2011, 05:12:47 am »

let me try to re-upload the save maybe?  I dont know exactly what went wrong...

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 01, 2011, 07:14:22 am »

There are about 45743578437583465 dead/captured beak wolves and gobbos on the unit list.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 01, 2011, 10:01:36 am »

i checked my saved file.  There should be like 40 living beak wolves and gobbos hanging out in a big "we hate dwarves" group outside.  i just checked my save.  I'll try uploading it a 2nd time this afternoon.  But you're DEFINITELY using the wrong one right now.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 01, 2011, 04:39:17 pm »

Let's go by a more accurate way to tell which save. This save says Granite 1, 33.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 01, 2011, 04:44:51 pm »

let me get this straight...you guys cannot figure out which save is which? ...No comment...
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 01, 2011, 05:08:36 pm »

Take a closer look of the zip file Ifeno uploaded. There's actually TWO saved games, one inside the another. One from 5th Granite 35 and another from 1st Granite 33.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 01, 2011, 05:42:30 pm »

This is why we can't have nice things.

Din182

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 01, 2011, 06:06:36 pm »

This is why we can't have nice things.
I wouldn't say that the save is "nice".

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 01, 2011, 07:42:01 pm »

It seems i accidentally the whole save :O

my bad guys XD

*yakety sax music*

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 01, 2011, 09:48:29 pm »

[Sarcasm]you accidently ___________ the whole save?! OH NO![/Sarcasm]
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41