Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41

Author Topic: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game  (Read 96868 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game
« Reply #330 on: September 12, 2011, 07:50:26 am »

First look says - It' a madeness! I didn't unpauses it yet, just took a look around.

Journal of Ast "Orbseath" Vabokber, Miner.
Today I woke up with a strange itching in my head. It was... an inspiration? A sense of existence? Whatever, I can't be just an ordinary miner anymore.It's time to change EVERYTHING!
So I'm officially changing my name to Gar.
Ok, diary, lets take a look around and see what we can change in this crazy place...

- NOOOOOO!!!! DON'T TOUCH IT!
Better left it untouched.

What a carp, we're getting flooded by Smurfs!

Also, there is complicated engineering structure deep inside volcano. I have no idea what it's for, but it's submerged at lava and I can't do anything with it.

There is a great flooded hall that MUST be dried! It's quite a job to prove my worthiness.

--
Someone let the pigeon beast into the fortress, and it tore the head of woodcutter! We have to find the hole it passed through. Oh, first kill the beast and then patch the hole.

Beast is dead, but while military guys went down, it killed stoneworker and suturer.

Also we have a bunch of migrants, despite the danger. Greetings, guys, here's the place where we need some spare hands.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:11:44 am by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 12, 2011, 09:56:59 am »

Somehow I get the feeling that the entire trap I spent half a year working on is now rendered null.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit: peregarrett, what video/show/animation is your avatar from? It looks awfully familiar to me.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:00:37 am by noodle0117 »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 12, 2011, 10:05:32 am »

Somehow I get the feeling that the entire trap I spent half a year working on is now rendered null.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit: peregarrett, what video/show/animation is your avatar from? It looks awfully familiar to me.
So thing I spoilered was yours? I think I'll reuse it a bit

Avatar is a shot from Saga of Bjorn, I posted a youtube link an general discussion some months ago.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 13, 2011, 06:09:57 am »

Journal of Gar the Miner
Work on reclaiming flooded hall goes as planned. Most water sources were plumbed, drainage also was dug out. I'll punch the last hole...

Manewhile Zon Anvilvillage got an inspiration. He claimed crafts workshop and collects stuff..

We punched the hole, but the second miner was washed down to the drainage and drowned there. So now I am the only miner here. I can do all by myself!

Whoa! We have an invasion of white tigermen! Ast Salvecrimson, Legendary Engraver went out for socks and found himself just in the middle of hostile tigers! What a loss...  :(

Oh, an ambus of goblin lashers. This place is getting crowded.

And finally, frog men siege. AAAARGH!!!!!!!

Siege goes on. Three civilians, who were socking outside, died. Tigermen army squeezes through trapped entrance, half-dead already. Goblins and frogmen still waiting for their turn.
Zon created birchen toy boat. I hope he won't insist on getting outside ant trying it on the nearest pond. But the boat is quite pretty, after all... Hey, we don't have a broker who can value how much it worth!

EAGLES! Giant war eagles! Somehow they got inside! Call to arms!

Our military guys are great, but they squad is too small. We need more!

It's summer now.
So, now the we have:
All weapon traps are stuck with bodies. A few tigermen locked inside grinder and can't get back
Frogmen riding tigers patiently waiting on the surface, frogmen riding eagles are flying chaotically at the sky like bouncing balls
Goblin lashers are also waiting for that happy day when I'll open the gates and let them in.
Those two eagles that entered fortress are being butchered.
We need more traps. 1-2 weapons in each, but long passage filled with it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 02:07:21 pm by peregarrett »

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 13, 2011, 08:46:29 pm »

If yo want protection from air attacks, you're going to have to seal up the opening from the volcano.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 14, 2011, 03:15:48 am »

Yes, I put hatch hovers at the stairs that lead to volcano.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 14, 2011, 02:00:14 pm »

Journal of Gar, the Miner

I'm very proud of myself. We reclaimed that flooded hall! It's still has some water in it, but eventually it'll dry out. Idle people is busy with burying bodies that were there.
Twoo of three sources are patched - one with obsidian, one with cave-in plumb. Last hole that wasn't pached was transformed to waterfall instead, and I put sreen glass statue of Shorast Roughnessstones with gneis mug, so any passing by dwarf can drink from it.
Idlers now burying bodies that we found there. Numerous ghosts are vanishing. It's quite a deal!

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 14, 2011, 02:29:10 pm »

Aww, ghosts add flavor!
Personally, I don't bother with the whole "burial" thing unless I actually care about the dwarf in question or the ghost gets violent. Legendary dining rooms can do so much, don't you think?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 14, 2011, 02:33:33 pm »

Well, I didn't order them to do burials, they just rushed there when I unfobade doors and hauled bodies to tombs, and I was too lazy to forbid corpses the were carrying. But we'll have ghosts from killed dwarfs outside.

sory, didn't do much today, go to sleep now.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 14, 2011, 04:47:32 pm »

awww, no more swimming pool... at least reclaiming it was a mild inconvenience.
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 16, 2011, 01:59:50 pm »

Massive water flows and invaders pathing makes my laptop ask for mercy. FPS is less than 10!  >:(

I added some magma to grinder, so those who dodge weapon traps burn to ashes! Also we need mass-cleaning, so I ordered to dig large storage halls and recriuted some useless people to miners.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 16, 2011, 02:48:55 pm »

As long as you keep us updated on what you're doing, you cna take as long as you like. Thanks for trucking through it all!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 16, 2011, 03:15:03 pm »

As long as you keep us updated on what you're doing, you cna take as long as you like. Thanks for trucking through it all!
I'll do my best, sir!

By the way, I launched mist generator that was build unpowered by one of my preceeders. I called it "Crazy Cow's mist", because it has four Crazy Cow's glass statues placed under outputs of pumps.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 16, 2011, 04:42:03 pm »

I thought I bit the dust a while back? Ah well, landmarks named after me are just as good :P
May I be cheeky enough to request some engraved slabs in my name next to those statues?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 18, 2011, 03:53:14 am »

Latest news from Touchedbells:

- Miners brigade is digging out space for new modern drowning trap. This will be the ultimate defense from any invader!

- Crazy Cow slabs are being egnraved and placed at Mist Temple.

- Stakust Buckcudgel, militia captain has been posessed!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 05:08:48 am by peregarrett »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41