Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Dig-N-Rig: Digging! Robots! Conveyor belts! ASCII!  (Read 31828 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dig-N-Rig: Digging! Robots! Conveyor belts! ASCII!
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2011, 12:53:08 pm »

o, i didnt read the entire 7 pages :P but i tihknk i can explain the problem, the vaccum pulls in those air pieces, and when you point it to the right weres theres nothing, it wants to make air pieces but cant, so it crashes.

I'd like to apologize for the vacuum crash! Somehow we overlooked it in testing. We have actually added the following fixes:
1. Vacuum crash fixed

The crash already having been fixed (and discussed) I'm pretty sure they know. :)

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2011, 12:56:39 pm »

Weird thing is that I don't get a crash when I vacuum to the right hand side of the screen (even at the edge with the vacuum off-screen).

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2011, 01:24:43 pm »

For some reason my game didnt get saved even though i pressed the save button.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2011, 09:08:17 pm »

I've never understood why mining games end up as such a (short lived) obsession for me. Something about the gathering of things that are then made into more useful things has some sort of draw to it.

Great game, by the way; would love to see the concept expanded on, but it's a solid game at the moment.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

ChumpyCheese

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • PixelPiledriver!
« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2011, 09:18:55 pm »

The new build is up!------->https://www.digipen.edu/?id=1170&proj=24629

To re-iterate the following fixes have been added:
1. Vacuum crash fixed
2. Loss of Water/Lava Resistance upon save/load fixed
3. Dig straight key. Makes player dig sideways without stepping up terrain. defaulted to SHIFT (all keys can be customized from the options menu)

Weird thing is that I don't get a crash when I vacuum to the right hand side of the screen (even at the edge with the vacuum off-screen).
Most likely you've downloaded the newest version in which it is fixed!

I assume the problem is coming from when we thought it wise to only allow saving when standing on solid ground. However when a player attempts to save but cannot there is no onscreen message such as "Cannot Save. Stand on ground" so it just appears to be broken. We didn't want players jumping from a deathly height and saving just before they hit the ground there by creating a cursed profile. But it seems we've lifted that restriction, for better or worse. Messing around with the save button in the new build a bit, I was able to save every time. Download the newest version and see if the problem still persists. If it does please provide any instructions that would allow us to replicate the bug.

Enjoy!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2011, 09:42:26 pm »

i crashed when i was digging at the right of rainy ruins, i think it crashes when you use the vacum to the right of the screen, were theres nothing.

Good to know this is a known bug then.  I think the "crash" stage of the game would be vastly improved by the addition of autosaving.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2011, 09:49:20 pm »

They just fixed the vacuum, Aqizzar.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2011, 10:04:16 pm »

i crashed when i was digging at the right of rainy ruins, i think it crashes when you use the vacum to the right of the screen, were theres nothing.

Good to know this is a known bug then.  I think the "crash" stage of the game would be vastly improved by the addition of autosaving.

That said, autosaving might be a nice addition anyway, so long as it just restarts Diggit right at the lab on the surface.
Also often called Boowells.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2011, 10:15:29 pm »

i think i know a good feature that you could add inthe future,. you could make other starting terrains, like mars, venus, or pluto.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2011, 11:01:00 pm »

If you are using vista, remember to run such programs as administrator, or the program will lack the privileges to create and alter files.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2011, 11:17:10 pm »

im using windows 7

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2011, 11:22:55 pm »

Same here, but my saves are working fine. Do you have UAC on?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2011, 11:36:30 pm »

i can control my account and edit my pass and stuff, but im not an admin.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2011, 02:10:15 am »

It sounds like the program doesn't have high enough permission to create or modify your save files. The solutions I can think of is logging onto the admin account and deactivating the security walls in the way, or activating admin privileges when running the game, either way you will need to get into that account.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2011, 02:17:14 am »

Or Right click>Run as Admin.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10