Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Dig-N-Rig: Digging! Robots! Conveyor belts! ASCII!  (Read 31855 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dig-N-Rig: Digging! Robots! Conveyor belts! ASCII!
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2011, 04:24:14 am »

Be careful not to scroll the camera down to far, especially to areas that get weather, since the rain starts as soon as the camera's midpoint passes the barrier, and it can still hit you, even if your above it.

Currently, I'm waiting for my about screen tall half pyramid of minerals to be scooped up, then off to the rainy section. Debating bypassing it out of annoyance.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2011, 05:38:40 am »

Be careful not to scroll the camera down to far, especially to areas that get weather, since the rain starts as soon as the camera's midpoint passes the barrier, and it can still hit you, even if your above it.

Currently, I'm waiting for my about screen tall half pyramid of minerals to be scooped up, then off to the rainy section. Debating bypassing it out of annoyance.
You could just get the upgrade that makes you immune to water and lava.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2011, 05:40:20 am »

it disappears when you reload a game

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2011, 05:46:02 am »

it disappears when you reload a game
Doesn't matter. Bought it a few minutes later. Several hundred rockets and megabombs later, I have mined every ounce of material out of the earth. Game is currently running at a crawl, but that's expected considering I'm at the basement level, and it is floor to ceiling mineral to scoop up, and there is another floor about half that back around midway with half as much.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Evaristo Carriego

• Bay Watcher
  • Gelder
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2011, 05:58:32 am »

“Rareiest”? More like that thing the moon is made of and there's plenty of it anyway.

Also:

Well, I beat the game two times through... I believe.
The ending was a bit disappointing though... Is there a meta game pr prologue or final boss or something that I'm missing?

This.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2011, 07:30:17 am »

Screw you people, if you wanted or expected something like a plot from this. I got what I wanted out of it, which is more than I can say about a lot of games.

Also, yeah, rarium was bs underused. If there was some way to convert it to some other mineral, like the yellow one, I'd love it. But as is, I finished the game with only spending ~500, and I think I had the most of it out of anything. Freaking moon, man.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2011, 10:54:38 am »

Nvm

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2011, 11:39:44 am »

If you replay the game, the lab guy that talks to you turns into an old man. Sadly, he doesn't get any older when your replay again, it would have made an interesting story.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2011, 01:21:01 pm »

Spoiler: Pic (click to show/hide)
I choked the dinosaur to death with half of the world.

And I can fall from the top to that point where I am standing and NOT die.

You people were right, vacuums are pointless if you want to play efficiently.
BUT I had a whole ton more fun without strip-mining with rockets and bombs. This is extremely boring.

I did have a three layered system set up that was pretty nice, but I got bored of having to build the same exact scoopers three times.

Screw you people, if you wanted or expected something like a plot from this. I got what I wanted out of it, which is more than I can say about a lot of games.

Well, when the game practically builds you up and prepares you to go through that door, I'd like...SOMETHING behind it. Even if it was just boiling in magma or something.

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2011, 01:38:27 pm »

Oh my god.

If only we had explosives on Dwarf Fortress... The fun to be had...

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2011, 01:42:17 pm »

BUT I had a whole ton more fun without strip-mining with rockets and bombs. This is extremely boring.

I did have a three layered system set up that was pretty nice, but I got bored of having to build the same exact scoopers three times.

Well, when the game practically builds you up and prepares you to go through that door, I'd like...SOMETHING behind it. Even if it was just boiling in magma or something.

A final boss actually sounds very feasible. At least, with some time. It just sucks how it ends pretty much with:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2011, 01:48:12 pm »

A final boss actually sounds very feasible. At least, with some time. It just sucks how it ends pretty much with:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They did tell you! It's the secrets of the earth!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2011, 02:20:59 pm »

A boss would be horrible. There's no room for inventive combat. You'd drill at him or shoot explosives at him. Wooo.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2011, 02:27:09 pm »

A boss would be horrible. There's no room for inventive combat. You'd drill at him or shoot explosives at him. Wooo.

Or make him only beatable by dumping the color of mineral that he is. You'd have to dig out floating clouds that pass by and make the minerals land on him. Otherwise they'd fall into magma below and melt, if they don't hit him. You would have to use mineralvision or luck in order to figure out which clouds hold which minerals.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2011, 02:31:15 pm »

Hey, it would finally give the vac porter a use. :S
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10