Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: The Most Scariest Game You've Ever Seen in your Life  (Read 12546 times)

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Most Scariest Game You've Ever Seen in your Life
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 09:43:06 am »

<snip>
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:55:39 am by Hiiri »

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 09:53:04 am »

I downloaded iTunes so I could try this, but how do I actually play?
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 10:07:01 am »

I was always a big Gundam fan, so I got the Mobile Suit Gundam: Journey to Jaburo game for PS2 when I was around 6-7.

I never got past the second level. I was too scared of the Zakus. Sure, they looked funny in the show, but glowing red cyclops eyes from the darkness is scary for a 6 year old!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 10:12:11 am »

Amnesia's atmosphere is scary, I'd say, but only if you're playing by yourself. The water monster really didn't scare me at all, since I couldn't even see the thing, just splashes. I was fine just running through the water tanking its damage. Gamey, I know. I thought the first FEAR was pretty scary, the 2nd one less so, and the 3rd one not really, though the 3rd one had some of  the best atmospheres. In and of themselves they're great shooters, too.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 10:24:24 am »

Dude, trust me. Go play a game of it, turn your sound ALL the way up, and try and find your way out of the level without getting caught by the ghost.

Ghost reaction at start of level:
"...Kill them all..."

Ghost reaction when you are near:
"I know you're here...I can smell your blood...I'll find you..."

Ghost reaction when she spots you:
"I found you...I found you!..."

Ghost reaction when killing you or your friends:
"Time to die!" *Proceed with butchering*

That sounds suspiciously like pacman. Although it's nowhere near as scary or hard as that alien invasion game in which you have to hide behind barriers and shoot down spaceships, but the twist is the more you kill the faster they get!
Blargh.

timotheus

• Bay Watcher
  • New to Dwarf Fortress.. Long time ASCII gamer..
    • View Profile
    • Home
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 10:44:46 am »

1. System Shock 2, was pretty scary for me at the time. The ambient noises, the infected calling out, "I'm sorry" as they're hitting you.. Terrifying. Gameplay Video

2. Clive Barkers Undying. I got like 2 hours into it, hit this hallway with freaking scary curtains (yes, curtains) and said "screw this". And exited. :)

3. Penumbra. Screamed out loud, at 1am when I was playing, woke up my house mates.
twitter: @timotheus
email: tim@hithlonde.com
xmpp: tim@hithlonde.com

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 11:25:10 am »

After you press play, go through the storyline of what has happened, blah blah blah, Pick your difficulty, then choose the level where it 'Use white smoke to make yourself invisible' That's the first level. There's a directional pad at the bottom left corner. In order to get extra score, you have to find your friends on each level. It's not a requirement to get all your friends, but it's recommended because they act as shields; when the ghost catches you, she will kill one of your friends, thus giving you time to run away from her and go for the exit. You will not get a score penalty when one of your friends die.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2011, 11:52:26 am »

After you press play, go through the storyline of what has happened, blah blah blah, Pick your difficulty, then choose the level where it 'Use white smoke to make yourself invisible' That's the first level. There's a directional pad at the bottom left corner. In order to get extra score, you have to find your friends on each level. It's not a requirement to get all your friends, but it's recommended because they act as shields; when the ghost catches you, she will kill one of your friends, thus giving you time to run away from her and go for the exit. You will not get a score penalty when one of your friends die.
Thanks, but I meant how do I actually start it up?
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2011, 12:00:25 pm »

iPhone, bro.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2011, 12:09:25 pm »

iPhone, bro.

FUCK. I DON'T HAVE ONE.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2011, 12:27:52 pm »

Why the fuck would you buy an iphone app without a iphone? >.>

Anyway, a game I think would be somewhat disturbing if they actually made it is a take on Cormac McCarthy's "The Road". That would be an infinitely scarier and realistic post-apocalyptic game then Fallout 3.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2011, 12:36:29 pm »

Virtz mentioned Call of Cthulhu. One level is pretty god damn intense. Shame the rest of the game doesn't really live up to that standard. I can't seem to find a video clip but the level I remember had an unarmed escape sequence that really got to me.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2011, 12:38:50 pm »

The hotel?

The hotel's pretty crazy.  The rest of the game isn't all that scary.  The

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

has potential but it's too damn hard.  After running down the same hallway fifty times I'm no longer scared, just annoyed.
Shoes...

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2011, 01:01:24 pm »

Stalker

timotheus

• Bay Watcher
  • New to Dwarf Fortress.. Long time ASCII gamer..
    • View Profile
    • Home
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2011, 01:11:00 pm »

twitter: @timotheus
email: tim@hithlonde.com
xmpp: tim@hithlonde.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8