Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: The Most Scariest Game You've Ever Seen in your Life  (Read 12553 times)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
The Most Scariest Game You've Ever Seen in your Life
« on: July 14, 2011, 02:01:37 am »

I would have to say this game for iOS is the scariest shit out there. More scarier than Silence of the Lambs.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/i-found-you/id431208779?mt=8
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 02:03:26 am by hitty40 »
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: The Most Scariest Game You've Ever Seen in your Life
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 02:05:46 am »

Ah, so you're into that kind of scary.

Alter Ego has many situations that are all too familiar to me. That's scary.
Dwarves in DF have personality traits that match mine. Uncanny.

That's about the two games I find even somewhat scary. The rest are just thrilling or something. I was quite fine with giblets, monsters and such even as a kid. Doom was the king.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 02:06:31 am »

Amnesia is probably scarier by a dozen orders of magnitude, sorry Hitty

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 02:10:19 am »

^ Followed by the second Penumbra.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 02:10:28 am »

Just to give you guys some LOLs...

A friend of mine who play WoW on my server in my Hunters' guild also play XBox with me on Live, and he just bought Black Ops like 3-4 days ago. So, he finished up the campaign and wanted a better challenge, so what i do? I took him through Zombies on Five. He was screaming and crying and said he wanted to stop playing since there was like a hundred zombies chasing us. He said it's really scary, but I don't blame him since he it's first time ever playing a CoD game.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 02:15:03 am »

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines... THAT DAMN GHOST HOUSE'S EXPLODING LIGHTBULBS. Every damn time man... Every damn time.

Also Clive Barker's Undying.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 02:36:48 am »

but I don't blame him since he it's first time ever playing a CoD game

Yeah, I'd be terrified if I was playing a shitty FPS for fun, too.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 02:37:25 am »

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines... THAT DAMN GHOST HOUSE'S EXPLODING LIGHTBULBS. Every damn time man... Every damn time.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 02:43:26 am »

That was what it was called!  Undying!  I've been trying to remember the name for a while.  My brother and I loved that as kids and he fucking raged when I beat it because it became unstable and we couldn't play it anymore.  Worth it.

Amnesia is scary.  Penumbra Black Plague is scary.  Nosferatu Wrath of Malachi is scary.  Hitty's friend is a pansy.  This iPhone game or whatever honestly doesn't even look kind of scary. 

One game I thought was scary that most would probably disagree on was Dead Space.  It got less scary as the game went on but early on when I didn't know all the tricks there were some scary parts.  The environment was very visually busy and it made me see things that weren't there.  That put me on edge and made things actually pretty scary in parts.
Shoes...

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 02:48:15 am »

That was what it was called!  Undying!  I've been trying to remember the name for a while.  My brother and I loved that as kids and he fucking raged when I beat it because it became unstable and we couldn't play it anymore.  Worth it.

Amnesia is scary.  Penumbra Black Plague is scary.  Nosferatu Wrath of Malachi is scary.  Hitty's friend is a pansy.  This iPhone game or whatever honestly doesn't even look kind of scary. 

One game I thought was scary that most would probably disagree on was Dead Space.  It got less scary as the game went on but early on when I didn't know all the tricks there were some scary parts.  The environment was very visually busy and it made me see things that weren't there.  That put me on edge and made things actually pretty scary in parts.

Dude, trust me. Go play a game of it, turn your sound ALL the way up, and try and find your way out of the level without getting caught by the ghost.

Ghost reaction at start of level:
"...Kill them all..."

Ghost reaction when you are near:
"I know you're here...I can smell your blood...I'll find you..."

Ghost reaction when she spots you:
"I found you...I found you!..."

Ghost reaction when killing you or your friends:
"Time to die!" *Proceed with butchering*

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 02:49:32 am »

You're not making an effective case in favor of the game, Hitty!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 02:52:13 am by Capntastic »

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 02:52:00 am »

I has it on CD :) I got it in a darkness games pack that also had American McGee's Alice and Dungeon Keeper II and some crap Dracula games.  Was totally worth it.

Best part of that game is when he slaps the severed head of the demon woman in the face to get her to stop screaming.  Even scary as that game is I laughed my ass off at that.

Also scary is that scene in the game Haunting Ground where the villain wants to impregnate the main character.  That was fairly disturbing.

Fatal Frame II (Which I managed to get for a mere $15) is sorta scary too but mostly because of atmosphere.

And in the cool but not scary booth:  The Path (which I just got)

The resident Evil games are not scary at all though.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 02:54:06 am »

I might be bad at suspension of disbelief, but I find hardly any game scary. Oh well.

I do get thrills though. Splinter Cell games are particularly good at this (even though they do have obvious weaknesses as well). They maintain a fair bit of tension at most times.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 02:54:45 am »

You're not making an effective case in favor of the game, Hitty!

What if I said you can't fight back and no matter how pro you are, she always kill one of your friends as soon as you exit the level?

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 02:56:00 am »

I might be bad at suspension of disbelief, but I find hardly any game scary. Oh well.

I do get thrills though. Splinter Cell games are particularly good at this (even though they do have obvious weaknesses as well). They maintain a fair bit of tension at most times.

The first time I played Splinter Cell was when I was like 8-9, and i was flipping out. I always remembered trying to find a way to get the 2 guards on the first level. I also had my first taste on how to reload a gun using the R key.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8