Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: The Most Scariest Game You've Ever Seen in your Life  (Read 12526 times)

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Most Scariest Game You've Ever Seen in your Life
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2011, 01:00:32 am »

Decided to finish playing Amnesia because of this thread. It's not that bad so far. I'm on the water-monster part. You can't even see him, I don't find it very scary.

I also obtained Condemned: Criminal Origins. Is this scary? From what I've seen it is.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2011, 01:14:26 am »

Decided to finish playing Amnesia because of this thread. It's not that bad so far. I'm on the water-monster part. You can't even see him, I don't find it very scary.

Yeah, the water monster's tense, but it isn't very scary.

The scarier parts start after that. (storage, prison). I won't divulge as to why those places are scarier than any other place in the game.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2011, 10:55:58 pm »

The scarier parts start after that. (storage, prison). I won't divulge as to why those places are scarier than any other place in the game.

I'm there now and

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Installing Criminal Origins now so I have something else to be afraid of while not having to go through that part in Amnesia I mentioned. I feel if I go back my psyche will be destroyed.

EDIT: Fml, I did it. I'm in the cistern. There's light here! Taking a break to eat pizza. I can't eat and play that game in the dark. I wouldn't be able to enjoy the food.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:36:08 pm by Yodamaster »

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2011, 11:49:44 pm »

Famous last words.  XD

KG

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2011, 11:51:02 pm »

Pathologic, I haven't even played that game due to watching a playthrough. Its so fucking scary, and extremely creepy. It gives me nightmares *shudder*.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2011, 11:56:01 pm »

Pathologic, I haven't even played that game due to watching a playthrough. Its so fucking scary, and extremely creepy. It gives me nightmares *shudder*.

There need to be complete Lets Plays of that game.  The only ones I've found/seen are "I'll play until I die" kinds, which are very short (seriously, 1/6th of the game or less).

But yes, very creepy game.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2011, 12:06:08 am »

I'm there now and

Installing Criminal Origins now so I have something else to be afraid of while not having to go through that part in Amnesia I mentioned. I feel if I go back my psyche will be destroyed.

EDIT: Fml, I did it. I'm in the cistern. There's light here! Taking a break to eat pizza. I can't eat and play that game in the dark. I wouldn't be able to enjoy the food.
Relevant.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2011, 12:39:04 am »

Project Firestart, for the C64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Kgi3sH0B8

It's one of the few games that I actually remember scaring me at times. There are parts where you get crowded by enough monsters to run out of ammo, so if you're smart, you'll try to run away instead.

This is a game where the monsters kill you by
Seriously. Still for some reason it was fucking scary back when I played it.

It's got a bit of a Karateka vibe to it.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2011, 05:05:50 am »

Penumbra: Overture. Yelled the whole way through.

Definately getting the next one.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2011, 10:12:12 am »

None, games and movies don't scare me.
I'm a hardass apparently.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2011, 09:00:54 pm »

Disgaea scared me once - one of the demons had my real name. I have a pretty rare Welsh name (Geraint) which I certainly didn't expect to see in any game.

Years ago Black & white had me a bit freaked out. uni days, mostly in some other state of consciousness - I kept hearing the word "death" whispered in the background, on the very edge of hearing. I didn't realise for some time that this sample played every time a villager died...

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2011, 09:06:13 pm »

I did it, I beat Amnesia. Really good game, imo. Puzzles usually weren't overly difficult (as I found them to be in Penumbra), and it was scary but not impossible to beat at the same time.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2011, 09:11:39 pm »

There's an old playstation 2 game where you are a man, trapped on a spacestation that is infested with ghosts.  Kicker is that you have a bad heart, the life support is broken (thus you are trapped in a space-suit that you can barely run in) you are slowly starving to death and you have to escape.  SO the health in the game is both timed on starving to death and having a heart attack if an evil ghost gets too close or scares you too bad.  Really fun game, a lot of 'ghost' fog and great story line.  Forgot the name though.
Nom nom nom

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2011, 09:37:36 pm »

There need to be complete Lets Plays of that game.  The only ones I've found/seen are "I'll play until I die" kinds, which are very short (seriously, 1/6th of the game or less).
I just might pop one of those up on my YouTube channel in a few weeks.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2011, 09:42:11 pm »

I Want To Be The Guy
My raging could be heard for hours. DAMN CHERRIES.

Wait, did you mean scary as in horror scary?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8