Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Thearchy: A Sci-Fantasy.  (Read 3272 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Thearchy: A Sci-Fantasy.
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 04:13:47 pm »

Spells,

Phantasmal Duplicate: Creates a phantasmal clone of an object or person, clone is controlled by Iben. (Illusion, Phantasm)
Phantasmal Bindings: Creates a set of ethereal bindings, usable to hold someone still or bind a wound. (Illusion, Phantasm)

Rune,
Rune of Eternity: 25% chance to double the duration of a cast spell.

Well be that way....
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:49:09 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 05:47:29 pm »

I didn't say to make your own spells and runes up... THey're based on the god. Imbued weapons are guns that shoot one's Imbued energy directly.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 05:50:19 pm »

I didn't say to make your own spells and runes up... THey're based on the god. Imbued weapons are guns that shoot one's Imbued energy directly.

I was just copying after serious....

Ah well...

One Phantasmal Spell

One random rune of awesome

and Random spell.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 05:55:31 pm »

Hmm, all right. Give me two Conjuration: Creation spells and a random rune to enhance Conjuration magic.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 06:41:21 pm »

Ah, okay. And by a freezing in place spell, I meant a binding spell, I think that's pretty much what binding would do anyway. :P
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 06:45:46 pm »

OK...
Imakuni:
Abjuration (binding) Freya's Hair
Ties target up-Lasts 3 turns-Costs 7 Imbued Energy-takes Strength roll of 6 to break out-Effective Range: Melee-Very Long
The Freya's Hair spell is a weaker binding spell used by less experienced Imbued Mages and Imbued Warriors srving Freya, and lower-ranking ones. Despite this and its short duration, it is still an effective spell for when you need to make a quick getaway, make a powerful enemy ineffective, or just to hold someone while you shoot them. It creates golden strands of energy that look remarkable like hair, although much longer than regular hair, and much, much stronger, that tie the legs of the target together, and the arms to the torso, for eighteen seconds. It takes quite the effort to get free of it, and can be cast on a target pretty much as far as one can see.. Legend has it that the goddess Freya actually reaches some of her hair down for your use, although the higher mages regard it as just that, an urban legend.

Kraftur Laser Heavy Rifle (Laser High-Caliber Rifle)
Accuracy Modifier: +2 Melee +2 Short +2 Medium +2 Long +1 Very Long -1 Ultra-Long -3
Damage: 10-12 Damage-1.5x damage against heavy armor
Cell size: 6 shots per cell-Fires two shot after charging. Weight is 1
Created by the laser weapons company Kraftur, which has been flourishing in the "good" kingdom, the Kraftur Laser Heavy Rifle was one of their first products, although still quite effective. It takes several seconds to charge, like all laser weapons, and fires two reliably medium-high powered shots in rapid succession, one after another. It was designed to be particularly effective against Heavy armor, as both shots are tightly focused and good at piercing heavy armor. It's also renowned for being accurate at all but the longest ranges. However, for all its strengths, it is fairly heavy like all high-caliber rifles at a hefty 13 pounds. It was also cursed with small space for the clips, resulting in smaller clips that, being laser, are still heavy, a quarter pound each. It comes with four cells on first sale.

SeriousConcentrate:
YOur rune idea was the kind of rune that I probabl would have made anyway- a simple power rune- so I kept the flavor text and edited the effect around a little bit.
Conjuration (Creation) Plasma Shots:
Attacks with 4 plasma orbs-Effective Range Melee-Medium-Damage 3-6 each orb-Costs 12 Imbued Energy-Fires at one target or several different targets.
A offensive conjuring spell used around the world, Plasma Shots creates four small orbs of plasma magically held together, roughly comparable to a light plasma pistol shot each, and hurls them at the enemy with roughly the accuracy of someone proficient with a plasma pistol. Although individually weak, these can devastate an unarmored target and can deal significant damage to armored targets as well. It's effective in ranges from right in front of you to about four-fifths of a soccer field. The four orbs can all fire at one person or can be split up for, say, two orbs on one target and one orb each on two other targets.

Conjuration (Creation) Animated Shield
Shield requires additional attack/defense roll to bypass-Range N/A-Lasts 10 turns-Takes 15 damage-Costs 15 Imbued Energy
Calling upon the War aspects of certain Norse Gods, this spell creates a steel shield roughly 3 feet in diameter which hovers around the target for a minute, blocking attacks. It can take a few bullets before it is destroyed, and is an oft-used defensive spell by Norse Imbued Warriors and Mages. Although it is believed by the untrained that the shield can bash attacks, it can't move forwards or backwards very far unless it's following the caster, and so can't do so. The shield doesn't encumber the caster at all, which is why some smart casters have found alternate uses for it.

Rune of Creation:
Rune of Creation: A mark Sonia was imbued with, positioned on the inside of her right wrist. It has a chance of increasing the power of any Conjuration: Creation spell she casts without costing additional energy, but it's limited to that specific set and even then only works 50% of the time.

Draignean:
Illusion (Phantasm) Light Wall
Barrier of light looks like real wall and functions like one-lasts for two minutes-is immobile-takes 40 points of damage, 10 if spotted-10 yards wide, 4 feet high-25 Imbued Energy
The Light Wall spell is a defensive phantasm, creating a real-looking barrier made of light that is 10 yards wide, two feet thick, and 4 feet high. It's immobile and takes a large amount of damage unless someone can spot it as an illusion (via a Wisdom Check difficulty 5), in which case it's only a quarter as tough before they can breach it. It's often used as a defensive emplacement but is usually limited to that role becuase of the large amount of Imbued Energy it takes to use. It is favored by mages in teams, as it provides cover for all behind it.

Enchantment (charm) Forgetfulness
Causes target to forget their memories temporarily upon a touches with distaff-Lasts for half a minute-Wisdom Roll of 6 to beat-10 Imbued energy-only works with distaff
Forgetfulness is an enchantment spell very useful for temporarily getting rid of enemies- three touches with a Seior Distaff, and they'll forget all their memories for half a minute, usually causing them to attack teammates as well as enemies, or run away confused and frightened, unless they're strong-willed enough to beat it. It is a favorite among mages possessing a seior distaff because it is effective and doesn't require to much effort out of one's energy to use, despite its drawback of requiring a successful touch with the staff.

Seior Distaff (Illusion)
The Seior Distaff (Illusion) is a rune-covered staff used to increase the power of enchantment and illusion magic. It has a 33% chance to increase the power of illusion spells by one, and is what is required for the spell Forgetfulness.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 07:42:46 pm by Powder Miner »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 04:37:16 am »

10 Dex
8 Con
8 Wisdom

For my stats. Originally was 8 Dex, 7 Con, 5 Wis. All good, I believe, now?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 01:07:57 pm »

Yeah. I just need a general weapon you want and a general kind of spell. And a general imbued weapon. I need an imbued weapon from Imakuni too.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 03:33:05 pm »

Ah, okay. I'd like an imbued SMG.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2011, 06:44:09 pm »

OK:
Imbued-Energy SMG
Accuracy Modifier: +2 Melee +1 Short +0 Medium -2 Long -4 Very Long No Hit Ultra-Long
Damage: Burst of 5 bullets causes 5 rolls of 2-5 damage. x.5 damage against heavy armor Ineffective against vehicle armor.
Infinite Clip size-each burst takes 5 Imbued Energy
Weapon weight: 7 pounds. Clip weight: N/A
The Imbued Energy SMG is a common weapon based upon Imbued-Energy to actual energy converter created in America in its last few years. IT has since been modified to be lighter and propel several shots of energy at a high rate of fire, designed by a currently unknown inventor somewhere on the kingdom of Zeus. It has a advantage over other SMGs over the fact that it costs no money and needs no clips because it just goes off of the user's Imbued Energy. However, although the damage it does it a little more reliable than the average SMG, it alo tends to do less damage when one is lucky than the average SMG- according to firing tests.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:12:26 am by Powder Miner »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2011, 09:13:06 pm »

Imbued Rifle, and general kind of spell... Evocation/Sound Offensive. ^^ As for General Weapon... Hrmm... Gauss Rifle. Stacking Rifles ftw.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 12:10:34 am »

OK Talarion:
Kraftur Imbued Rifle
Accuracy Modifiers: +1 Melee +1 Short +1 Medium +1 Long +1 Very Long -1 Ultra-Long -3
Damage: 10-15 x.5 damage vehicle armor
Infinite clip size-Each shot takes 8 Imbued Energy-Fires one shot per turn
Weapon weight: 9 pounds Clip weight: N/A
The Kraftur Imbued Rifle is a result of the Kraftur Laser Weapons company's adventure into Imbued weaponry. It's accurate at most ranges, It is fairly light, is strong e nough to power through even heavy armor, still do a bit of damage to even vehicle armor, but suffers from a large amount of Imbued energy to use and only being single-shot. Still, it's a formidable weapon.

Thorhammer Gauss Rifle Mk. 1
Accuracy Modifiers: +2 Melee +2 Short +1 Medium +1 Long +0 Very Long -2 Ultra-Long
Damage: 4-5 x.5 against heavy armor, ineffective against vehicle armor. Fire Rate: 3 shots per turn
Clip size: 15 Clip weight: 1 pound Weapon weight: 10 pounds
The Thorhammer Gauss Rifle Mk 1 is the first product of the new weapons company starting in Thor's kingdom (but is selling to Thor's allies), it blurs the line between sniper rifle and rifle, yet it still comes out decidedly on the side of rifle. Like sniper rifles, the Gauss Rifle Mk. 1 is effective as quite long ranges, and is mostly designed for killing infantry, with its substandard ability to puncture armor.  What sets it apart is its high clip size, lower power per shot, and much higher rate of fire, not to mention its lighter weight than sniper rifle.

Evocation (Sonic) Sound Cone
Does damage 5-10 damage in 10-yard cone-1.5x damage against metal, stone, or crystalline armor. 13 Imbued Energy-Offensive
An international sound spell, Sound Cone is worth its energy cost. It's fairly powerful and attacks in a large cone, doing a large amount of damage to pretty much anything heavily armored, causing metal, stone, and crystalline armor to shake and damage itself.

Starting game tomorrow, and since you guys ar ll pretty muc allied in the beginning anyway and near where I want you to be, I'm going to start you all on a transport on the way to a new base.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Thearchy: A Sci-Fantasy. Part 1: A Beginning
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2011, 11:58:46 am »

OK guys I am starting the RTD, gonna take me a little while.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2011, 09:46:54 pm »

Question: What's with the -3 on my imbued rifle?

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2011, 09:55:32 pm »

That's for when you're at ultra-long distances. You can't really expect a standard rifle to be able to shoot someone a mile away, can you? :3 Most of the fighting will probably be done from melee to long range, which you have +1 for, so it's not too big a deal.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 [2] 3