Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Elf Retreat! (v1.2)  (Read 17353 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Elf Retreat! (v1.2)
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2011, 02:34:54 am »

I am so gonna try this...hope I do not get lynched for playing this.
Keltiknight has been lynched!

He was an Elf Sympathiser! (Elf-Aligned)

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2011, 08:54:56 am »

Geez, am I the only one here who doensn't hate elves that haven't been a jerk to you?

I might be slightly biased because one of my best D&D characters, whom I referenced in Armorsouls, was an elf. And an awesome obne, too!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2011, 11:18:46 am »

Fun mod so far...I am plotting to kill human caravans, for armor, since unless I am mistaken, Elves can wear human stuff.
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2011, 11:20:32 am »

Fun mod so far...I am plotting to kill human caravans, for armor, since unless I am mistaken, Elves can wear human stuff.
Actually, they're too small. It's the dwarven stuff you want. Better quality, too.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2011, 03:36:33 pm »

Do elves still need dungeon master-type noble to tame exotic animals? Last time I caught giant eagle but couldn't tame it :c

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2011, 03:44:33 pm »

It is a fair assumption for in-fortress stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2011, 03:44:52 pm »

They do.
Since Dungeon Masters don't work at the moment, just do what you would normally do to solve the issue I guess.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2011, 04:42:01 pm »

Actually, they're too small. It's the dwarven stuff you want. Better quality, too.

Ah, I always get mixed up on race sizes, I always think elves are human-ish size...too much LOTR, I guess.
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2011, 04:44:28 pm »

Ah, I always get mixed up on race sizes, I always think elves are human-ish size...too much LOTR, I guess.
Well, these elves are like Santa's workers.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2011, 05:06:51 pm »

I am so gonna try this...hope I do not get lynched for playing this.
Keltiknight has been lynched!

He was an Elf Sympathiser! (Elf-Aligned)

Vote Bdthemag. You must be a sympathiser too! DIIIIEEEEEEE!

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2011, 05:50:05 pm »

Neeeeeew stuff! Still warm!

War bow - a new kind of bow, a little bit deadlier when going melee.
Two kinds of arrows, one is a general upgrade of the normal arrow, the second one deals blunt damage and tend to chip bones like crazy
Tweaked a bit the peaceful glen and added a hunter's hall - tier 2 weapon producing workshop. Change the building materials of the hh because now it's just 3 logs.

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2011, 10:41:56 pm »

Two kinds of arrows, one is a general upgrade of the normal arrow, the second one deals blunt damage and tend to chip bones like crazy
Tweaked a bit the peaceful glen and added a hunter's hall - tier 2 weapon producing workshop. Change the building materials of the hh because now it's just 3 logs.

Sounds like fun stuff, gonna try them out.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2011, 12:38:49 pm »

Looks pretty cool.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

newbonomicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2011, 08:10:21 pm »

What was that in the OP about switching between fort mode and adventure mode "at a whim"? That sounds like it shouldn't be possible.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2011, 08:14:23 pm »

Replace the 'forage for berries' reaction with this for it to work:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The issue was a ton of typos and that you can't give someone plant structure, only the plant ;D

I'm loving the mod so far. One thing I really like is that all the quick building material, is balanced by a bunch of other factors (like no digging). I was having so much fun building a grove wood tree that I almost didn't notice we were running out of food!

Edit:
What was that in the OP about switching between fort mode and adventure mode "at a whim"? That sounds like it shouldn't be possible.
DFHack has a change mode tool that allows such things (with bugs of course). A certain Forumite, known as Rumrusher, developed a way to "retire" a fortress using it. If you want more information look at his sig.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5