Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: mass producing arena dummies  (Read 679 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
mass producing arena dummies
« on: July 13, 2011, 08:13:21 pm »

I want to do some larger scale testing, and I was wondering if there was a way to make tons of identical units quickly. I want to know a few things specifically:

1. How do I mass produce units with the same personality traits?
2. Would this work with modded physical attributes? I like to put different unit types against eachother for simplicity in tallying up the results afterwords (elves vs dwarves for example), but they have different average attributes which I would like to equalize.
3. Lets assume for one second that I wanted to pit dwarves against dwarves. How would I put them on separate teams?
4. What mods or addons would I need to do all of this?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: mass producing arena dummies
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 09:22:08 pm »

1. Can't be done, so far as I know.
2. What do you mean?
3. and [d] change teams.
4. None.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 09:57:40 am »

2. What do you mean?
3. and [d] change teams.
4. None.

2. Like dwarves and elves are the same size, but dwarves have considerably higher strength, among other differences. I wanted to know how to mass produce elves with with the same modified attributes to match the dwarves.

blue sam3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 11:15:57 am »

I suppose if you put all five values of the stats to the same thing, you'd get identical stats on each.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 01:56:16 pm »

2. What do you mean?
3. and [d] change teams.
4. None.

2. Like dwarves and elves are the same size, but dwarves have considerably higher strength, among other differences. I wanted to know how to mass produce elves with with the same modified attributes to match the dwarves.
Pretty much undoable without modding elvish attributes to be the same as dwarvish ones.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 02:24:29 pm »

use an external macro program.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...