Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Infested Planet (EPIC game)  (Read 13949 times)

Alex Vostrov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Infested Planet (EPIC game)
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 04:08:09 pm »

I agree that a demo is needed.

Since the game is still in beta, the demo would quickly become obsolete.  I'll definitely make a demo when the full version launches.

SeaBee, you get the same offer as hemmingjay and Soulwynd.  As a matter of fact, if anyone in this thread buys the game and then becomes disappointed I'll give you your money back.

Oh, and before I forget.  If you do decide to buy it, enter the discount code STARBEAR for en extra 10% discount.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 04:13:27 pm »

Out of curiosity, is the finished version likely to be on steam?
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 04:19:25 pm »

Alex Vostrov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 04:37:03 pm »

Out of curiosity, is the finished version likely to be on steam?

I can't make promises, but if it's humanly possible to get it on Steam, I'll do it.  I'd also ask them to give a free copy to everyone who bought the beta via my site.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 04:41:21 pm »

Cool.  I know other games have managed to do that using keys, but I'm not sure how easy it is.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 06:07:57 pm »

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 08:38:48 pm »

For everyone talking about needing a Demo, just go check out Attack of the Paper Zombies. It's the same game, minus a few weapons and fancy graphics.

Alex Vostrov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 01:49:33 am »

For everyone talking about needing a Demo, just go check out Attack of the Paper Zombies. It's the same game, minus a few weapons and fancy graphics.

True enough.  The game is much better now, but Paper Zombies is the grand-daddy of Infested Planet.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 08:37:44 am »

Well, author himself making a thread about his game is not usual stuff at bay. Using something like EPIC in title DOES NOT work in communities like this, and 14.99$ is not a good price for a game like that. Game itself actually is not bad, but advertising campaign is terrible. That's my 3 words.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2011, 08:39:49 am »

I'm not the author of the game tho......... I DO however share a first name with him so I can see where you would get that idea ;).
Poysky Productions

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2011, 08:45:57 am »

By the way, I DO believe this game is epic. It moves around a butt-load of enemies at once, keeps you on your toes, and is replayable (considering the same skirmish missions are randomized each time.) so it's pretty neat. If you don't agree with me that is just fine, but don't try to start some bunk conspiracy theory where I am the maker of the game because I'm not, I AM however working on getting one about my books made, but I'll talk about that once the project is underway ;).

-Alex (the apparent doppleganger.)
Poysky Productions

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2011, 09:44:28 am »

This game looks interesting, but I would really recommend you lower the price a little.  £12.05 is potentially a reasonable price for a finished project, but not for a beta.  Beta testers are (at least theoretically) doing devs a favor, both by purchasing an unfinished product and by fishing for exploits/bugs/etc.  Project Zomboid are charging £5 for beta access, which seems a lot more reasonable to me.

What price (in pounds sterling) do you intend to charge for the release version?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2011, 10:29:19 am »

I actually thought it was a little steep myself, nonetheless I don't regret it now that I've been playing for a while.
Poysky Productions

Alex Vostrov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2011, 12:53:51 pm »

This game looks interesting, but I would really recommend you lower the price a little.  £12.05 is potentially a reasonable price for a finished project, but not for a beta.  Beta testers are (at least theoretically) doing devs a favor, both by purchasing an unfinished product and by fishing for exploits/bugs/etc.  Project Zomboid are charging £5 for beta access, which seems a lot more reasonable to me.

What price (in pounds sterling) do you intend to charge for the release version?

The final game will go for $19.99.  You can get it for $12.99 right now if you enter the code STARBEAR.

The reason that I'm selling it at this price is because that's what I believe it's worth.  As I've said, I'm willing to give refunds to anyone who buys the game and thinks that it wasn't meaty or deep enough.

There's a lot of stuff in this game and it'll take you a while to master the final level.  By the time you've tried all the weapons and seen all the mutations, I think that you'll agree that you got your money's worth.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2011, 01:14:38 pm »

It does not matter that a demo would become obsolete. Don't even call it a demo for that matter, release a striped down beta build and claim it is the "free alpha" of the game game (aka creative mode in Minecraft) and leave it up forever.

Games with this many units can go either way. It can be fun and epic and chaotic, or it can just be a zerg fest. No one here knows which way it will go and I don't think many people would put down more than 5 bucks for a completely unknown comoditey.

True enough.  The game is much better now, but Paper Zombies is the grand-daddy of Infested Planet.

This is a very very bad selling point. Now you have to convince everyone that the features you added to Infested Planet are worth the cost difference.

Finally, offering a full refund is cool, but that is still a lot of work to put people through. We still have to do all the crap that comes along with paying for your game. I am lazy, I admit it. But working through what ever payment system you use and then doing what ever it takes to get my money back seems like a lot of work for a game I may only play 5 minutes.

Indie developers can miss a lot of things that seem small, but knock a game down from "Fun and playable" to "Fun but work". I think I can speak for many people when I say "I have no idea what you missed, and I don't want to spend 15 dollars or even 30 minutes of my time to figure it out."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5