Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37

Author Topic: Mosaic Europe - A map game (Round 3)  (Read 36809 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Mosaic Europe - A map game (Round 1)
« Reply #300 on: July 14, 2011, 10:00:33 am »

I have seen nothing in this thread about a kirbian empire, if the search function is correct. As for a country or two taking over half the world...

No, the rules don't really allow for that.
Watch out for those boys in the east and their lack of nearby other people.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 14, 2011, 10:07:05 am »

True that. The Kirbian Empire is exkirby, he added the name directly to the legend iirc.

Argh, I already did a map. Here, have it anyway.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 14, 2011, 10:09:35 am »

The current Battle system is Extremely Biased towards large nations. If it is not changed, then gaint nations will end up controlling the entire map, with Small nations powerless to do anything. Why did you change it, the system I had was completely fine...
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 14, 2011, 10:34:46 am »

That's because larger nations are in general more powerful. I imagine that smaller countries may band together to prevent that from occurring. Though I do see what you mean in terms of making this fair... what would you propose that would maintain a balance between absolute equality and absolute realism?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 14, 2011, 10:52:07 am »

SO the purple or red guy then will rule the world unless we don't stop them right now?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 14, 2011, 10:54:57 am »

Yeah, well, you want to know something else thats true? Reality is not fun. Nor is it Fair. Therefore, you must sacrifce Realism in order to achieve fun.

By this system, your first victory would be hard fought, but once you take enough of the defenders territories, it just becomes a crub-stomp. Which, may I add, is not realistic, nor fun. And after the war is over, the power scale is very lopsided. Upon your second victory, you can cripple a nation with one blow, and When you gain your third victory the game may as well end there, because your far too powerful to be opposed in anyway. There is no strategy involved, or any fun. The winner is the person who attacks first, which is not realistic in anyway. My border Plan made it fair, seeing as most of the time people share a somewhat equal amount of territories bordering the enemy. Its also realistic in the sense that its harder to attack then defend, seeing as the defender always shares a mostly equal border with you, making it so that if they get a better roll then you next turn, they could go as far as to take territories from the attacker!

The current system is unfair, unrealistic, and has almost no strategy or risk involved. My system is also unrealistic and has only a little strategy involved, but at least its fair, and a risk.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 14, 2011, 10:59:09 am »

That makes sense. Could you describe it in simple terms, with an example? Your original posing of it got me lost.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 14, 2011, 01:09:31 pm »

Let me show yoiu an example then.

One Player (Lets refer to him as "The Attacker") attacks another player. First, he chooses which border he wants to attack him on, in the case a player has more then one Border. Then he rolls two 6d dice. The First number is a 5, then a 3. He has 2 attack points.

Next, attacker counts how many provinces he has on the border he is attacking. Lets assume he has 25. He divides the number by 3. He gets 8. This number is multipled by his attack points, and now he can take 16 Provinces.

In the case of Coastal Invasions, then the Attack points gained are not modified in anyway.

That good enough?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 14, 2011, 01:12:03 pm »

I was thinking something like each territory a country owned generated an 'Army' which you would then usde to invade, and defend your territories (Thats all I got)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 14, 2011, 01:29:23 pm »

I was thinking something like each territory a country owned generated an 'Army' which you would then usde to invade, and defend your territories (Thats all I got)

That would take huge amounts of management.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 14, 2011, 01:38:35 pm »

I am the only here who has tried at any kind of Roleplay at this point?
I tried, but... I honestly can't find the excitement to do so right now.

Of the other nations we know little, except of course that they are cultureless brutes capable of little more than grunting in their rude gibberish.
Be careful of what you say to your historical conquerors. You may meet a face-full of Gladius and/or Hoplite spear.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 14, 2011, 02:09:36 pm »

Ok ok I'm home, but not for long... I updated the map with Demonic Spoons awesome compass thingy in the corner and added the two extra country's (Roboboy55 land and Kirbian empire or whatever). But now I probably won't be back to change anything for a few hours...
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #312 on: July 14, 2011, 02:14:22 pm »

ARgh, sorry for holding you all back. Assuming I've not missed something in my speed read, I get 8 provinences. They'll be added in a second.

Again, sorry. :(
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 14, 2011, 02:22:04 pm »

One Player (Lets refer to him as "The Attacker") attacks another player. First, he chooses which border he wants to attack him on, in the case a player has more then one Border. Then he rolls two 6d dice. The First number is a 5, then a 3. He has 2 attack points.

Next, attacker counts how many provinces he has on the border he is attacking. Lets assume he has 25. He divides the number by 3. He gets 8. This number is multipled by his attack points, and now he can take 16 Provinces.

In the case of Coastal Invasions, then the Attack points gained are not modified in anyway.

That good enough?
I'm confused on the attack points part. Is it the first die minus the second?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 14, 2011, 02:22:15 pm »

ARgh, sorry for holding you all back. Assuming I've not missed something in my speed read, I get 8 provinences. They'll be added in a second.

Again, sorry. :(

Ten for the first colonization time.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37