Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37

Author Topic: Mosaic Europe - A map game (Round 3)  (Read 36664 times)

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mosaic Europe - A map game (Round 3)
« on: July 12, 2011, 10:48:57 pm »

I was looking around for a blank map of Europe for some reason and came across this site and found a cool map (after lurking in their "sandbox" section for a while). So I've decided to make a map conquering-freestyle-rp game out of this map. You can come up with a country name, culture, society, etc. This is an ancient time frame (1000BC - 1AD) so no cyborg robot alien nuke nations.

Rules:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've started with the blue country on the Black sea coast.

Current Map (huge):

1. Empire of estonia (Orange/Brown) vagel7
2. Pechalan Horde (Dark-ish blue) Svarte Troner
3. Ligoria (Teal) Taricus
4. Larian Kingdom (Purple) The doctor
5. Kirbian empire (Pink kind-a) Exkirby
6. Islamic States (Red-ish) Toriad
7. D.O.N.U.T. (Light green) Roboboy33
8. Gemini Horde (Yellow) Anzki4
9. Ur (Orange) Demonic Spoon
10. Marsano (Turquoise) Barbarossa The Seal God
11. Derfinger (Green) adwarf
12. Kutarya (Red) Talarion
13. Roeeceia (blue or else) Tarran
I'm not sure whether these rules are unreasonable or anything, but if they are then we can change them.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 07:31:39 pm by Svarte Troner »
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Mosaic Europe - A map game
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 11:47:41 pm »

how do you put in images?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 12:34:59 am »

i'll play. but cant select till morning. doing this off a dsi. its currently midnight :) ※yay※ can you explain if there are any rescource/research rules or stuff? ( i understand its 10,000bc-1ad)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 12:57:38 am »

Expressing interest  :)
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 01:10:58 am »

Expressing interest aswell. ^^ Should I just edit in my 'nation' (Then repost/send you the image) to join or...?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 01:15:12 am »

I am in same question as above though

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 01:17:00 am »

hmmm this is interesting ill join later its 2 am here
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 01:24:51 am »

Same as Stab.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 01:27:08 am »

Here it is... I edited in where I want my country to be.

Country Name: Kutarya
Will do rest: Later
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 03:19:11 am »

Purple it shall be!

The name: Larian Kingdom

Can I make a suggestion? I don't know how to fix it, but it seems to me if you can only take 3 provinces a turn straight-up, war will turn into one country grabbing three provinces, the other guy grabbing them back, and repeat. Maybe a dice-roll to see if a province gets taken? I don't know.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 03:22:12 am by The Doctor »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 03:39:35 am »

Ehh, why not. Here be Roeeceia. Note that I did not edit it in with the map everyone else is using because it's just stupid trying to edit a squashed map with something like MS paint. I will not do it. Please, let us use a non-compressed map for god's sake!

Country Name: Imperium Roeeceia (just Roeeceia for short).
Culture: Roman-greek.
Government: Semi-constitutional monarchy, Empire.
Ruler: Imperator Tarran Inflatae Axióploo.
Aggressiveness: Slightly hostile, highly defensive.
Hunger for power: Medium-high.
Honor: Honorable.
Trust: Untrusting.
Wealth: High.
Internal strife: Near none.
Army type: Slightly small, highly trained.
Background: From the union of the dual kingdoms of Roia on Apulia, and the kingdom of Heece on Í̱peiros. 167 years ago, the two kingdoms were so close, even sharing a same king, they joined. Together, they raided and destroyed the surrounding tribes that constantly raided them in the many years before. This has made their nation rather xenophobic and untrusting. 82 years ago, the empire was becoming rather populated. This created a surge of colonists, not only expanding directly from the cities, but also from sea to Messanae fretum, and west Pelopónni̱sos. This recent bout of expansion has slightly reduced the xenophobia of the empire, but the empire still is untrustworthy. The people of Roeeceia are honorable people, and mercenaries from Roeeceia are often famed for, if not their fighting skill, then for their tenacity to their leader till death. Roeeceia is also very wealthy, trading between the two has produced extreme trade profits and high well being. The armies of Roeeceia are also formidable due to their good training and great equipment, though it is not the largest army around due to the rigorous training and somewhat strict requirements to be in the army. The empire has recently experienced an even larger bout of expansion, and is now very hungry for neighboring lands, which it will take by diplomacy, or by force if needed.
Leader Background: Born from a Tyrant, Tarran has watched his father oppress Roeeceians for much of his life, and was usually distant from his father as a result. When his father died, Tarran was nearly knocked off the throne. But through extreme luck, and good diplomacy, earned his spot. His first action, as an Emperor, was to vow that he would never be the man his father was, and to break the xenophobic shield that Roeeceia has lived with for so long. Tarran is trusting, honorable, friendly, and welcoming to foreigners. However, he is quick to anger and somewhat impulsive. He is young at 23 years old.

Whew. Did you guys get all that?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 04:16:24 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 05:51:36 am »

Did I do it right? Merged the two versions of the map. I am the orange country left bottom.

The Nation of Ur:

Once a city state, Ur grew wealthy and powerful by controlling the strait of Gibraltar, one of the most popular crossing points between the North and the South, and as such collecting a wealthy profit in trade tariffs and the like. It was not long before they used the wealth to finance a impressive navy, which they used to subjugate nearby fishing communities. Now they turn their eyes to the rest of the world..

Question: What happens when you invade another country's capital?

EDIT: I would also like to request more rules, because I like rules, but whatever works.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 05:58:44 am by Demonic Spoon »

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 06:47:12 am »

I am posting a country.
Done. I am yellow.

Name: Gemini Horde

A warring nation divided in clans, each controlled by it's own Warlord. However crucial decisions are made by two Great Warlords who will get chosen yearly in arena fight. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 06:56:56 am by anzki4 »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 07:10:09 am »

Red, yellow and orange should join forces to defeat the purples and blues!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 07:24:38 am »

I can't mess with the picture at the moment, so could someone put me in the upper leftmost corner please (My Capital will be in the upper leftmost part of the island)

Country Name: Derfinger
Color: GREEN
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37