Should Orb do this?

Yes.
- 5 (35.7%)
YES!
- 9 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: July 13, 2011, 10:42:40 pm

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Interest Check: You are actually a Scrin Terraformer Commander!  (Read 2973 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Interest Check: You are actually a Scrin Terraformer Commander!
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 06:32:54 pm »

Aaaactually, they were already in the Westwood version. Example: Makers of the Tacitus and the Scrin Ship you find crashed in the GDI missions.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 06:39:38 pm »

In Tiberian Sun?

The 'Westwood' version, I don't know which one you mean.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 06:41:20 pm »

Westwood version means pre-intergration of westwood into EA.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 06:45:45 pm »

Yeah, what Taric said. That, and I think Westwood released notes somewhere about their planned storyline after being absorbed by EA.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 06:57:02 pm »

In Tiberian Sun?

The 'Westwood' version, I don't know which one you mean.

It might be simpler for you just to wikipedia it, but there was an alien ship in one of the earlier game, which was where the Tacitus was found. I believe at one point in the game it was referenced as a "Scrin" ship, though that may have been in a later game.

They appear as a faction in CnC 3. Their influence from CnC3 is part of the plot of CnC4, which is just terrible. The start of the Tiberium conflict is because of the Scrin, since they seeded the Earth with tiberium in the first place. I could explain further, but wikipedia does a good job.

-snip-

Just awesome. You're hired!  ;) ....In case this wasn't implied, you aren't required to make newspapers every update.

Y'know, the Reaper and Traveler factions in multiplayer? Well, they're more like Castes, but still.

Ah, right. I don't really want to over complicate this too much. The best way I can think of implementing them is that we completely destroy Scrin cannon(if it is cannon, anyway) and align ourselves to one of the factions for the benefits they provide. Then, when on alien planets, we may sometimes encounter another Scrin faction and have to fight for the planet's domination. Naturally there will be some kind of semi-cease fire not to blow each others ships, since killing "commanders" is against the law or somesuch. I should probably reread some of the Scrin lore and redo the Scrin campaign in CnC3.

Of course, this would add to update time.

If you need any maps made, just toss me a message, I'd like to get some more practice with them.

I more than likely will. I downloaded ASCII Paint and have yet to fiddle with it. If fiddling achieves unsuccessful results, I'll chuck you a message, and even if it does achive results, I might do so anyway for some creative ideas for planets.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 [2]