Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So I've been sitting on this for a while.  (Read 1552 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
So I've been sitting on this for a while.
« on: July 12, 2011, 12:07:14 pm »

It all started with This.

I was very much into legos back then, and I had wanted to start something original. I was thinking about central leadership, and general naming schemes, when I came up with an organization based on the letters of the alphabet.

I called this organization the Order of the Twenty-Six.

Stupid, I know, but it was a start.

I named a lot of the Order after people I knew. G was the, now that I think about it, marty stu-ish main character, R was based off my best friend at the time, a very athletic guy named Ryan. C was based off a war enthusiast named Chris, and so on.

I needed something to make the Order less weak and more useful, so I gave each a mutation. This is where I came up with the whole each-order-member-is-distinguished-at-birth. So G had accelerated healing, R had Incredible speed, C had hulk-like strength, and so on.

I was really into the star wars AU as well. In one of the lesser books, there was a one-off briefly mentioned puppet organization called Offworld Mining.

Thus was born the Offworld Mining Company.

So, I had the main Protagonist organization, the O26, and the Main antagonists, the Offworld Mining co.

After that I started filling out the world I had created. I was into crappy rp's at the time, so I used G as my character, and explained it away as dimensional tearing.

AND HOLY SHIT DID THAT COME BACK TO BITE ME IN THE ASS, but that's not the point.

I established that the Order was slowly dying, and if all of the members died out, then the alliance between the Sinnians, known as the Sons of David, and the United Systems, the remnants of The long dead planet Earth, would collapse.

I established several vehicles, such as the Vulture PTC (Parasite Transport Craft), The Sparrow Hoverbike, and the Gull-class dropship.

I established a timeline of sorts, with a very sad ending.

And I've been sitting on this for almost two years.

So, I'll use this as sort of a database. Using Google docs and the spoiler function, i'll archive almost all the shit i've had up in my brain.

Later. I'll do it later.

Normandy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So I've been sitting on this for a while.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 01:25:17 pm »

I immediately thought of http://www.brikwars.com/.

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 03:47:06 pm »

Funny, so did I!
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 08:58:03 pm »

Cool story, bro. Never heard of that service before, reminded me of AoS.

Anyway, it's been about a week, figured I should post the Phlebtonium first.

Spoiler: Hyperspace theory (click to show/hide)

That... may or may not be comprehensible. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 11:53:26 pm »

What is this, I don't even.....

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 12:18:53 am »

The second hardest part about a project is getting the idea for it.  The hardest is getting started.  Just get started if you enjoy it.  If you're procrastinating, it's because you don't know if you can.  I say, "Stop worrying about that and just do it!"  I like the pretense, it sounds like it'd make a fun story line.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 11:08:36 pm »

Created a new VTOL so I wouldn't have to think of the Vulture as the O26's main form of transport.

God, I need to write this shit down.

So I will.

Spoiler: Order of the 26 (click to show/hide)

More later, for now these would be the main players in any major conflict whatsoever.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 06:41:35 pm »

I did something not unlike this back when I played with legos a lot. Covered an entire table with a military base, had some back story, etc. The funny thing was that my mom didn't really approve of war-toys (I was pretty young) so my friend and I decided that the entire thing was for the purpose of cairbou hunting.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 08:55:26 pm »

I did something not unlike this back when I played with legos a lot. Covered an entire table with a military base, had some back story, etc. The funny thing was that my mom didn't really approve of war-toys (I was pretty young) so my friend and I decided that the entire thing was for the purpose of cairbou hunting.

That made my day.

Right, so the new  VTOL...

It's sort of a circular Osprey if I think about it...

I've drawn it a few times, i'll upload something later.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 09:10:43 pm »

Spoiler: Timeline (click to show/hide)

thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 10:46:40 pm by ggamer »

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 10:52:09 pm »

I need to build this up more. Somewhere I have some planets, but let's start with the already mentioned ones.

Spoiler: Planets (click to show/hide)