Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 'A vile force of darkness has arrived!'.. oh really?  (Read 13246 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: 'A vile force of darkness has arrived!'.. oh really?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 09:04:13 pm »

They don't build those towers. Their dark overlords summon them.
The Goblin Whatever has been crushed under the collapsing ceiling. X100

Dark Overlord: Oops.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 12:00:26 pm »

Uristralia
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

Lezard

• Bay Watcher
  • Detests !!Caravans!! for their terrifing antics.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 01:53:31 pm »

I mod the ethics raws heavily. Dwarves in my worlds are fanatical fascistic cannibals with unswerving loyalty to the Dwarven race and no concern for the lives of lesser beings. Elves and humans are noble scholars and hippies. The only difference between Dwarves and Goblins in my worlds is that Goblins lack discipline (and have [BABYSNATCHER]).

I never even considered putting the [BABYSNATCHER] tag in my dwarfs......take my gratitude! take it all!
Currently I have "The Breached Anus of brides"  sounds like a disastrous honey moon.
Exactly. Ethics in DF are very realistic - trivial and pointlessly selectively ex/inclusive.

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 04:20:27 pm »

If the goblins can't dig then why have they picks? And where do they get their metal, pig tail clothing and rutherer mounts?

eataTREE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 07:14:46 pm »

I mod the ethics raws heavily. Dwarves in my worlds are fanatical fascistic cannibals with unswerving loyalty to the Dwarven race and no concern for the lives of lesser beings. Elves and humans are noble scholars and hippies. The only difference between Dwarves and Goblins in my worlds is that Goblins lack discipline (and have [BABYSNATCHER]).

I never even considered putting the [BABYSNATCHER] tag in my dwarfs......take my gratitude! take it all!
The result will be constant war with all non-BABYSNATCHER civs, much as the goblins have. On the other hand, you will mostly be at peace with the gobbos unless you take BABYSNATCHER away from them.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 07:59:59 pm »

Goblin trade caravans.  They come every season.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 10:06:15 pm »

Goblin trade caravans.  They come every season.
We trade in death and i always give them a healthy profit

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 04:37:55 am »

If the goblins can't dig then why have they picks? And where do they get their metal, pig tail clothing and rutherer mounts?

Dark Overlords.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 12:24:01 pm »

Dark Overlords.

Urist Mc-curious: "So why do the Goblin snatch babies?..."
Urist Mc-Dismissive: "Dark overlords."
Urist Mc-curious: "Why do they use..."
Urist Mc-curious: "What..."
Urist Mc-curious: "Are you actually going to let me fin..."
Urist Mc-curious: "Dammit!"
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2011, 02:37:55 pm »

Uristralia

Urstralia. :P

Because I never get the infrastructure to make a pumpstack from the magma sea, and I have trouble wrapping my head around a pumpstack in the first place, I ever made a magma doomsday machine.

I have, hoowever, made a MAC gatling gun by attaching walls to the sky with supports and attaching the supports to a repeater which is activated by a lever. And if there's anything left, I send out my entire fort population (All legendary militia dorfs) to slaughter everything. Armed with candy maces.
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2011, 03:16:51 pm »

I suddenly have the desire to give every civ [BABYSNATCHER] to see if anybody steals a stolen baby.
So you find a goblin in a human town with an elven name. Unless [BABYSNATCHER] civs don't steal from each other... Then I'll have just the elves steal babies, converting them to hippism and making them weak.
This space for rent

kirrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 03:39:09 pm »

This isn't about a siege, but rather the ethics of goblins vs dorfs. Dorfs make massive fuck-the-world machines capable of incinerating everything. Dorfs do horrific things to each other just because they went outside for a little while (eg my macedwarf bit the leg of a baby and shook it around until the leg came off sweet jesus). They make pits to throw helpless animals, goblins and smelly hippies elves down, and then are gleeful as they're covered in gore and take part in the slaughtering. They also just kill diplomats because they want something new to kill. So if Goblins are, in comparison, more evil, how does world history go past 5 years without everything being on fire?

So many questions

It's a dwarf thing!  You obviously wouldn't understand... HUMAN!

=P
Pages: 1 [2]