Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: If you were a DF dwarf...  (Read 1966 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: If you were a DF dwarf...
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 07:23:17 pm »

I'd be the hunter that decides to hunt in the cavern layers instead of the surface.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 08:29:23 pm »

The agile swordsdwarf who happens to be sleeping most of the time during actual combat but wakes up and rushes to the front line just in time  for the enemies to have fled and the melee squad is ordered to leave the gate to finish off the passed out bolt ridden gobbos.  And naturally, being super agile I'll always be the one who reaches them first and steals all the kills.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 08:35:43 pm »

The slightly-off doctor who doubles as a butcher in his spare time. More concerned with !!science!! than dwarven life. My operating table may or may not be the same device on which I slaughter domestic animals.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 08:36:15 pm »

I would be the dorf who runs out and slaughters an entire siege with his *adamantine shortsword*.
And I would be the dorf who goes tantrumy with his SpecialBlow the Leaking of Doom, the adamantine axe and cuts off your head.  :P
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 08:38:45 pm »

I'll be the !!Mayor!!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 08:43:01 pm »

Been done, been a succession fort, fort died of ennui.

I haven't changed my answer: I'd be that noble that never merits an unfortunate accident, mandating only pots, items made of the dominant stone/metal type, axes, and other simple, vital objects to be made; and only rare and/or rarely exported items like slade items, axes (again), or gemstone beds to be forbidden to export; and only make simple, sensible demands.

Ideally also making an awesome artifact that either saves the fort from invaders, boosts everyones' happiness, or gets put in my room.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:51:25 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 08:43:58 pm »

I'd be a farmer, mechanic, or bookkeeper. A reasonably diligent and useful worker, near the bottom of the "to be killed" list.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011, 12:42:57 am »

I'd be a cook churning out lavish meals or a craftdorf churning out crafts or mugs, since that's pretty safe and useful.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2011, 02:16:25 am »

So lets see : The Dwarf who would not really need booze to do work and that can actually be sober and intelligent and also an annoying undwarfy dwarf of their society.
The Dwarf who is a bit mad and would steal from the swords stockpile to go outside to do !SCIENCE! on animals (including caging them and using magma , water or other substances on them to improve the fortress defenses).
Maybe a very good crossbow dwarf that takes his time to target well.
And lastly an good bookkeeper and manager (and possibly a broker and philosopher too).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 06:59:12 am by Qinetix »
Desu

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2011, 02:57:08 am »

I would be the heroic, one eyed insanely powerful Militia Captain that always wears a cloak. I would enter battle, my +Steel Breastplate+ shining in the sun, my adamantine longsword drawn, leading my men to victory, for honor! For glory!

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2011, 03:00:14 am »

That one who just loves setting up traps. Especially ones that comprise of serrated discs.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Norwegian Chris

• Bay Watcher
  • My fore-fathers invented Dwarves
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2011, 04:25:27 am »

My current summer job is at a warehouse, mostly stacking crates, so I suppose I would be a dedicated hauler.

I just hope there isn't an ambush coming as I head topside to grab that very important birch log.
Urist McHappy has entered a fit of euphoria!
Urist McHappy hugs the Fish Cleaner in the upper body, jamming his love through the brain and warming his callous heart!
The Fish Cleaner has been taught the value of friendship!

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2011, 09:26:24 am »

Eh who would I be?
I'm not smith, wouldn't know the first thing about shaping wood or stone and cloth is just to boring.
I don't think I'd be obedient and disciplined enough for the military so that's out.

I'm cool with animals though, so  I'd probably be the animal trainer, tending to the animal welfare and training war dogs and the like. If mounts ever get introduced I'd be tending to the fortress finest steeds and such.
If I'm lucky and survive long enough I might even become a dungeon keeper, training more exotic animals and wearing many many cloaks.

Other then that I could see myself being a jeweler, making lots and lots of shinies them dirty miners haul from the mine shafts. I've always had a bit of an interest in precious stone, and I bet I could get the hang of making decorations.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2011, 01:33:12 pm »

Well as a programer, I have no direct skills that translates to DF.  So I'd be a mish mash of low level skills like cooking, carpentry, pottery.  I'll end up a dedicated hauler or drafted into the military.  If I'm lucky, my experience with first aid means I get to be a doctor.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Raul351

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Digital Art☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2011, 02:10:08 pm »

I would be a crafts dwarf that can't craft, and does other stuff to get by.
I am not liable for any disappointment attributed to this post.
Pages: 1 [2] 3