Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Peaceful Titan  (Read 3164 times)

Casp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Peaceful Titan
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 05:24:07 am »

Truly, this is a great honor.  :D
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 05:45:51 am »

Frosty the Snowman's come to visit your fort and bring Fun to all the good little boy and girl dwarves.  And just remember, (if you survive) He'll be back again... Someday....

V12US

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 06:46:51 am »

I assume that after the epic encounter with the Hippie Snowman, the dwarves had ample supply of snowcones for the rest of that year.

And for some reason, the snowcones smelled like some kind of plant, and whoever ate them went straight into a strange mood.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:48:58 am by V12US »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 07:39:21 am »

I assume that after the epic encounter with the Hippie Snowman, the dwarves had ample supply of snowcones for the rest of that year.

And for some reason, the snowcones smelled like some kind of plant, and whoever ate them went straight into a strange mood.

Hippie Snowman

An elf, made of snow?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 11:40:57 am »

Well, they run up to it, and they do drop their weapons, but it's more because they're tossed up into the air and explode in gore when they land. :P

Spoiler: spoilery (click to show/hide)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 02:07:35 pm »

Off topic, I know, but this question does not deserve a thread. Are titans the above ground version of forgotton beasts?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 02:09:01 pm »

Off topic, I know, but this question does not deserve a thread. Are titans the above ground version of forgotton beasts?
Basically. They're not as varied, and not as frequent. I've never encountered one, but I've seen about a dozen FBs.

Oh, and great song adaptation. I nearly cringed at the thumps, and laughed heartily throughout.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 06:10:21 pm »

Whenever these titans appear "Sweet Emotion" starts playing.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 07:20:07 pm »

Titan number is predetermined in world gen settings, usually for small and pocket worlds the default number is 1.  In adventure mode they live in shrines. Also I've never seen F.B. with the kindness aura or aura of majesty or sternness or any of the other Titan-peculiar adjectives.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Agent_86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2011, 12:44:48 am »

Also I've never seen F.B. with the kindness aura or aura of majesty or sternness or any of the other Titan-peculiar adjectives.
I believe this only happens when the beast's home is in a good-aligned biome.
When something isn't quite dorfy enough, just add magma.

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2011, 01:23:46 am »

This embark was in a unique location, halfway on a terrifying biome, half on a serene one. It's quite funny. Half of the map is the essence of joy, the other is undead and various evil things.
I'm mining out and admixture every section of adamant ore I can get my easily on to alternation my armoursmith up to allegorical so he can accomplish actively alarming armour for my aggressive. again I'm traveling to do the aforementioned for weapons.
Pages: 1 [2]