Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Alter Ego: Life Simulator  (Read 12592 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Alter Ego: Life Simulator
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 02:21:01 am »

What I do to avoid it is be suspicious and stay where I am. When he tells me to get in the car, I run.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 02:42:01 am »

What I do to avoid it is be suspicious and stay where I am. When he tells me to get in the car, I run.
Well what I do is talk to him, and then get in the car to help him find the school.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 02:49:47 am »

To be honest, some parts of the game just seem silly. For example at one point of the game, you can save someone from killing themselves. If you pick "confident" as your mood, you'll get a message back saying "UR 2 CONFIADANT! UR FREND DIESSSS!".

Your choices over the game change your stats, and your stats actually change the outcome. This is especially important for the "Keep going or stop" trials you can do in high school. The game also tricks you into thinking that the next time you play, you'll know the correct choice (especially evident in the pimple scene - everybody knows that you don't pop a pimple slowly right before a dance!). I played the game through 10 or 20 times as both genders when I was younger. I'd usually save the jumper 70% of the time, but if you don't pick the mood that matches your displayed personality best, you pay for it. I remember the first time I lost him, I picked confident, but I was such a wuss that my false bravado got him killed. Another time, I went to get help, but just couldn't find anybody.

I also lost my first game to baseball. If you're physically fit, you will actually win the baseball game.

In the DOS version, there was a bug (specific to playing on Windows, I think) where you couldn't pass enough time to actually finish the teenage phase. You would run out of school, work, and general experiences. To get through, I had to try to propose to my girlfriend over and over and get the "her parents don't think you're old enough" message, which advances your age by 2 weeks.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 02:50:03 am »

I just played through it, had a full fulfilling life, died and didn't have any kids, although my wife had gotten one before i'd married her. I retired rich with a sailboat, punched out my boss and did a world of things.

That was rather satisfying actually.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 03:22:05 am »

A sort of "Challenge" mode I like to do (mostly to make sure the age progression makes some level of sense in the online version) is to always follow the chain down. You start at the top, and you can never go backwards unless you hit a dead end (at which point you must continue down the line, and not use the other dead end), meaning you only get to take one of the choices at 'T' intersections. It also makes every game different.

EDIT: Also, going through it again, I love starting out as a baby with 100 intellectual score.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 08:08:13 am »

I blame my knowledge of this game on Grimith's LP videos. It's entertaining, and yet oh-my-god dull at the same time.

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 09:19:37 am »

Why do stages finish before I click all the squares?
and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 09:32:02 am »

Why do stages finish before I click all the squares?
It's meant to be like that.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 09:33:48 am »

...Am I the only one who played a female?
And 'accidentaly' got raped?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2011, 09:35:04 am »

Oh, I played this a long time ago.

Very fun.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 09:55:21 am »

Um anyone else get killed by the dog with your mother right there.  I got the message that she tells you it's a dog, then when you try to push it off you it ripped my throat out.
Nom nom nom

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2011, 12:16:17 pm »

Um anyone else get killed by the dog with your mother right there.  I got the message that she tells you it's a dog, then when you try to push it off you it ripped my throat out.
O.o

I pushed it away and it didn't do that to me. Maybe it only brutally murders evil babies?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2011, 12:21:26 pm »

I don't think that is supposed to happen.
Atleast.. never happened to me.

In my opinion, this game lacks.. something.. Can't really specify what exactly..
Perhaps.. more choices and events?

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2011, 12:32:59 pm »

I think everyone experienced the child rapist-murderer death. There's quite a few creepy deaths in the game as well. I played an emo kid once who ended up killing himself while he was high. Anyone know where to find a list of the deaths for this game? :P

On the stats thing, yeah, the game does penalize you severely for not keeping to character. Great game, but too repetitive.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2011, 12:35:13 pm »

Hum I was a pretty agressive baby, and really quite so maybe that had something to do with it like I really hurt the dog or something?
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5