Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Games  (Read 1111 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Games
« on: July 11, 2011, 03:36:29 pm »

What games do you guys play when not playing dwarf fortress or LCS? I generally play Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup and several other rogulikes. If I have time I like to play first person shooters, my favorite being left 4 dead 2. Both console and PC games are welcome.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 03:44:09 pm »

There's an "other games" board. Anyway, hmm... I've been playing Diablo 2 lately. DCSS is another really good one. Mostly I just play RPGs.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 03:44:36 pm »

You uh... You do know of the Other Games-section of the forums?

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 03:47:08 pm »

Oops, ill try to move it.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 03:52:33 pm »

I own a lot of games, but I'll try and list some all-time favorites:-

Daggerfall, Thief, Deus Ex

X-Com 1 and 2, Hearts Of Iron I - III, Shogun / Medieval / Rome:Total War

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 03:58:16 pm »

Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright here.

I made my pants brown with joy when I heard there would be a crossover.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 04:02:35 pm »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 04:07:16 pm »

What about Barbie Vacation Adventure?

I simply refuse to watch all the way to the end.

To quote:

"I made it to the end. All that's left for me, is to cover myself in gasoline, put on a Lady Gaga video, and set myself on fire."

ffff

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 04:07:43 pm »

I play pretty much everything it feels like.

I was a big TF2 fan back in the day before it got all rpgish, but now I play a pretty big variety of games. 

The main genre's I don't play are:  Sports games, bullet hell games, racing games.

Right now I've been playing Hoard, iBomber defense, Neverwinter nights 2 and "Eschalon book 1".  I just finished Toki Tori, a puzzle game featuring a chicken trying to make an omelet.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 04:08:51 pm »

Dammit I miss out all the good games.

I was playing lame Thief: The Dark Project when I could have been playing Barbie Gotta Groove (Generation Girl) (Made myself physically ill finding this video). It was the biggest seller of Xmas 1999 though (read that in a game design textbook)! Someone gotta Let's Play this!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 04:15:18 pm by Reelyanoob »

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 04:22:55 pm »

Seems like a lot of people like rpgs alot. I just play fps games when i dont get enough action in a rpg. Fallout 3 and new vegas are pretty good, combining fps action with rpg strategy.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 04:23:51 pm »

I've been playing with my psp a lot. (Monster hunter freedom unite, valkyria profile 2, Persona 3 psp, etc) CFW

I've also been playing a few games on steam with my friends.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 04:37:18 pm »

Within the last week or so I've played some World of Warcraft, lots of Team Fortress 2, and some Halo Reach.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 05:15:15 pm »

I tend to go through gaming 'seasons' once in awhile. My current season being Action/RPG with Horror/Survival coming soon as a transition. Left4Dead and similar (like Serious Sam) qualifies for the prior more than the latter in this case.

As of now, I've been playing games like Legend of Zelda (just beat Link's Awakening), Magicka (beat the first part), and catching up on some Fallout3 (Working on the SurDIEval Guide) and Borderlands as Lilith this time (Playthrough 1, and Mordecai is Playthrough 2 (not started); playing her for the challenge, and to co-op with anyone (namely my brother which is Mordecai this time around), and though she takes a bit of time to learn, Lilith freaking rocks. Worthy of the Difficult But Awesome trope).

I think next on my agenda will be probably restarting F.E.A.R. (first one), taking on Amnesia (maybe broadcasting it), and seeing if I can finish Parasite Eve 1 (which I can still find time to play). At the end of the horror/survival season, I might go on a cerebral break, and transition with some puzzle games (dedicated time to Spacechem, Toki Tori or Recettear) and maybe run into a nostalgia season along the way.

Actually, I think nostalgia seasons hit more frequently than regular seasons, and are essentially random what games I play for the week. I mean, I can make a surprising amount of progress in Spyro the Dragon or Crash Bandicoot, or just outright beat some games in a single sitting/day, like the classic Mario/Sonic games.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 05:19:13 pm by Itnetlolor »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 05:22:33 pm »

The Steam Summer Sale drove me to ravish my wallet like some kind of money viking.  As a result I've been playing on and off:

Prince of Persia Sands of Time
Prince of Persia Non-Gritty Reboot
Devil May Cry 4: Even worse music than usual edition
Aliens vs Predator: Gritty Reboot - Canned Animations Ahoy
League of Legends
Killan Floor
Monday Night Combat
And I also have the rest of the Prince of Persia franchise (Grim'n'Gritty, Even Grim'n'grittier, Fancy Graphics), Alien Breed 2, and Post Apocalyptic Mayhem on deck.

Holy shit, listing them all like that made me realize to a terrible extent the violence I did on my bank account.  I am so glad this sale is over.

At least everything was hugely discounted.
Shoes...
Pages: [1] 2