Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Guild House suggestions?  (Read 2183 times)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: Guild House suggestions?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 07:00:00 am »

Completely mechanical repeaters using water etc are possible, I think. Do pumps work in adventure mode?
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 09:52:29 am »

Yep, pumps work in Adv mode. The mist generator is running fine.
 If you allow traps to work in Adv Mode, you can also use pressure plates, if they were originally assigned to be activated by citizens. Lol, I have a garbage disposal in the house. A pressure plate that linked to an adjacent hatch, and a atomsmasher beneath it.  Drop worthless junk on the hatch, step on plate, good bye junk.
 Since I was cheating with utilities, for the fireplace just dug out a 1x1 room beneath it, used DFliquid to make a tiny magma pool. It now serves also as a crematorium,lol.
 A important fact I found out is that turning off temperature in Adventure Mode really decreases lag when visiting a abandoned fortress, or a retired one.
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 12:59:37 pm »

if I know anything about pathing you could trap one peasant into a being a power supply if you set up a main hall and hook up doors that open using pressure plates that close one path and open the other.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Cpt.tazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 01:06:42 pm »

4 is the max height for not drowning i beleive, its what height you use for swimming training, anyway
Got a pterodactyl with a knobby turtle shell composed entirely of vomit in my caverns. Apparently it moves deliberately. It's teamed up with a giant steam shrimp.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where you aren't hallucinating.

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 03:10:45 pm »

Include a means to get to the caverns/the circus for the most badass of your adventurers.
This space for rent

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2011, 09:59:20 pm »

Fen, the circus will even kill the fps in Adventure mode. As for forgotten beasts, it seems they invited their friends to the surface near the guild house for a dwarven banquet. Reminds me of a Godzilla movie, with the chaos.
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 10:23:56 pm »

Fen, the circus will even kill the fps in Adventure mode. As for forgotten beasts, it seems they invited their friends to the surface near the guild house for a dwarven banquet. Reminds me of a Godzilla movie, with the chaos.
better off making a stair well far from the guild.
a time saving tip, if you flip over to fort mode as an adventurer you can 'retire in fort mode' by flipping over to adventure mode fully and going to retire and rest section in the esc menu.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2011, 02:12:38 am »

4 is the max height for not drowning i beleive, its what height you use for swimming training, anyway

In dwarf mode dwarves start drowning only when the tile is full (7/7), but they do prefer swimming over walking from 4/7 onwards.

However, beginning to drown doesn't matter. By my experiments, the drowning status doesn't cause death soon enough to prevent short underwater trips. I'd estimate 10-15 tile dives to be still possible (swimming skill may matter).
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2011, 07:40:52 am »

hey here another helpful thing I found if you find an abandon fortress and you are able to retire into it using utilities you could cover the whole place with a non scatter mix so you can store items and men there. best for having a barracks for storing well trained and arm men for later use.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2011, 12:15:36 pm »

Barracks idea is a good one. Will incorporate it.
 I gave up on a repeater. It was giving me a brain spasm. Just swapped characters, have the companion I swapped to  pull the lever, with a macro. And the adventurer trains up enormously. Having nothing in his hands trains up armor user, and dodge(dodge is slow going in xp). Place a weapon and a shield in their grasp, they get good xp in those skills.
Next experiment is to see if I can train them up in miscellaneous use, and train up endurance and toughness by encumbering them while dodging in the danger room.

The technique to change characters is pretty straightfoward. In adventure mode, center the cursor using l or k on who you want to swap too. Open DFusion, chose adventure tool(1), then change character(1). DO NOT TYPE ANYTHING. Go back to the DF screen, have the person you swapped to equip himself, perform any other action(Throw rocks, target practice, pull lever) besides fast travel. When you are satisfied, return to the DFusion screen, and hit ENTER. Will swap back to the adventurer.
 There are three dangers, trying to fast travel when swapped, not moving the cursor over the intended target with l or k before changing characters,or trying to add several stacks of bolts to a companion archer. They seem to only be able to carry bolts in their hands. Any of these three will cause the game to crash
Sincerely,
The Administration

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2011, 01:06:29 pm »

Barracks idea is a good one. Will incorporate it.
 I gave up on a repeater. It was giving me a brain spasm. Just swapped characters, have the companion I swapped to  pull the lever, with a macro. And the adventurer trains up enormously. Having nothing in his hands trains up armor user, and dodge(dodge is slow going in xp). Place a weapon and a shield in their grasp, they get good xp in those skills.
Next experiment is to see if I can train them up in miscellaneous use, and train up endurance and toughness by encumbering them while dodging in the danger room.

The technique to change characters is pretty straightfoward. In adventure mode, center the cursor using l or k on who you want to swap too. Open DFusion, chose adventure tool(1), then change character(1). DO NOT TYPE ANYTHING. Go back to the DF screen, have the person you swapped to equip himself, perform any other action(Throw rocks, target practice, pull lever) besides fast travel. When you are satisfied, return to the DFusion screen, and hit ENTER. Will swap back to the adventurer.
 There are three dangers, trying to fast travel when swapped, not moving the cursor over the intended target with l or k before changing characters,or trying to add several stacks of bolts to a companion archer. They seem to only be able to carry bolts in their hands. Any of these three will cause the game to crash
oh the dangers of fast travel as a body swap companions usually ends with game crashing or "quantum traveling" until you return to the last spot your adventurer was and swap over to him.
though that's only if you use the first adventure change, the second fixes the Quantum Travel issue and allows for companion scouting and non Adventurer characters to be played as long as you remember to rechange to them every save. I also have a civ follow command that makes all who under the same civ as the adventurer will become permanent companions.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 11:35:46 pm »

I believe now that companion danger rooms are a bad idea. They get too good. Had a spearman wipe out a family of night creatures, before the adventurer could even get involved. I have to admit, the training did wonders.
 Beware selling goods from a site you have no scattering. It causes a conflict between the no scattering, and another having possesion of the sold item(The store). Crash time
Another problem in the guild house, when I was moving the adventurer around, when I encountered the FB's corpses , they add to reports. Your status increases massively. When a peasant goes to a guild house, and after 1 visit, gets sent to a king for quests, its just too odd. Still fun though, muwaaahs, dwarves will beg you to enlist them
Sincerely,
The Administration

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 03:41:19 am »

I believe now that companion danger rooms are a bad idea. They get too good. Had a spearman wipe out a family of night creatures, before the adventurer could even get involved. I have to admit, the training did wonders.
 Beware selling goods from a site you have no scattering. It causes a conflict between the no scattering, and another having possesion of the sold item(The store). Crash time
Another problem in the guild house, when I was moving the adventurer around, when I encountered the FB's corpses , they add to reports. Your status increases massively. When a peasant goes to a guild house, and after 1 visit, gets sent to a king for quests, its just too odd. Still fun though, muwaaahs, dwarves will beg you to enlist them
the selling part I just sold some fort crafted items from the site to the nearby store and nothing happen.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2011, 11:54:36 am »

Might have been just a fluke with me, Rumrusher. I used Dflair to prevent items from scattering. Heard it causes wierdness occasionally.  I have noticed that when I have dropped items  picked up on the site, looking, they are there, but cannot get them. Found out what happens after dropping a arti buckler. Could not get it. In disgust, returned to the arti bin, and there it was. ???
 Also with all the uninvited FB's showing up, I think I know why Toady removed Mountain home sites. When you walk past a FB corpse, you have now another report to make. Which if you find several, and report them, your reputation increases massively. Bad for a peasant adventurer not trained up.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2011, 12:52:12 pm »

Might have been just a fluke with me, Rumrusher. I used Dflair to prevent items from scattering. Heard it causes wierdness occasionally.  I have noticed that when I have dropped items  picked up on the site, looking, they are there, but cannot get them. Found out what happens after dropping a arti buckler. Could not get it. In disgust, returned to the arti bin, and there it was. ???
 Also with all the uninvited FB's showing up, I think I know why Toady removed Mountain home sites. When you walk past a FB corpse, you have now another report to make. Which if you find several, and report them, your reputation increases massively. Bad for a peasant adventurer not trained up.
what do you mean bad all this means they can get extra companions for free.
also I used Dfusion's prevent scatter which goes through each tile and flips on the "14-blood" flag. I guess DFlair does it a different way.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 [2]