Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Guild House suggestions?  (Read 2179 times)

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Guild House suggestions?
« on: July 11, 2011, 01:23:55 pm »

I have decided to use a dwarven construction crew to make an Adventurers home/depot. Any ideas on designs, what should be stored, other fun stuff.
  1 thing for sure is going to be a indoor swimming pool. Any ideas on water depth, and design.
This question is unrelated, but if you properly retire a fort, will any future dwarves of the same civ spawn there, when created?
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: Guild House suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 05:54:32 am »

Make an underground stash accessible only by diving through an underwater maze.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 07:27:50 am »

add a plat panel screen tv and a jacuzzi.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 08:20:00 am »

I was under the impression that going under two z levels of water, or diving, was instant "DROWNING" status? I've had a bit of a history with beaches and legendary adventurerers ending that way.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 08:56:54 am »

I was under the impression that going under two z levels of water, or diving, was instant "DROWNING" status? I've had a bit of a history with beaches and legendary adventurerers ending that way.

Not if your adventurer breathes water?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 09:01:30 am »

Not if your adventurer breathes water?
not if you make your adventurer's race doesn't need to breathe at all.
besides the jacuzzi is nothing more than to screw pumps pushing water in a hole.
if you design it right you won't even drown in it more so you just be suck into the current.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 11:33:22 am »

hmmmm, a dwarf water slide leading to a ramp to escape?
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 10:41:51 pm »

Well, the ramped pool helps greatly in training swimming. But the greatest addition to the house for !SCIENCE! was the danger room experiments.
 Danger rooms so far work in Adven Mode, at least for companions with a 5x5 room, traps turned on , with a lever in the center activating the training spear spike traps. The adventurer pulls the lever, activating the spikes so the companions can increase stats. And it does, used DFusion to change characters to check on the companions improvements. It is sort of awe inspiring to see in real time the improvement in skills caused by a danger room.
 On a horrifying note, it seems most soldiers you recruit early on have no military skills whatsoever. Their only bonus is having some armor.
 Since I have no earthly idea how to set up a repeater for a danger room, the adventurer is delegated to pull the lever to improve the skills of the meat shields, which still is good.
 Next improvement for the Guild House will be a fireplace, since cable for a TV has not been invented yet.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 12:25:28 am »

Well, the ramped pool helps greatly in training swimming. But the greatest addition to the house for !SCIENCE! was the danger room experiments.
 Danger rooms so far work in Adven Mode, at least for companions with a 5x5 room, traps turned on , with a lever in the center activating the training spear spike traps. The adventurer pulls the lever, activating the spikes so the companions can increase stats. And it does, used DFusion to change characters to check on the companions improvements. It is sort of awe inspiring to see in real time the improvement in skills caused by a danger room.
 On a horrifying note, it seems most soldiers you recruit early on have no military skills whatsoever. Their only bonus is having some armor.
 Since I have no earthly idea how to set up a repeater for a danger room, the adventurer is delegated to pull the lever to improve the skills of the meat shields, which still is good.
 Next improvement for the Guild House will be a fireplace, since cable for a TV has not been invented modded in yet.
if you build this fire place make use of the bonfire mod.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 01:10:23 am »

One of my adventurers drowned as well, but he had the drowning status for several dozen turns before actually dying. Suppose you get out of water before that?
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 08:34:56 am »

oh hey I would love to see your guild house once it is finished.
"body swapping and YOU!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 02:20:42 pm »

One of my adventurers drowned as well, but he had the drowning status for several dozen turns before actually dying. Suppose you get out of water before that?
You would be A-OK. Unless you ran into those carp you added as a joke to the pool and got attacked long enough, of course.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 02:48:32 pm »

You would be A-OK. Unless you ran into those carp you added as a joke to the pool and got attacked long enough, of course.
if I own a pool and fill it with carp, the first thing I do is make sure the carp are friendly filling a pool with angry wanting to kill you carp kills any chances of getting work done.
which reminds me I should test out the chances of hatching underwater mermaids using Darius egg hatch.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2011, 12:43:21 am »

So, diving tunnels could actually work. A partially submerged labyrinth would be dwarfy.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2011, 06:56:24 am »

cant you link a lever to any number of things?  put a upright spear trap on one side of the lever, and a training weapon stocked weapon trap on the other, and link them both to the lever, in alternating state (so that one is off and one is on for either state of the lever).  this way, you can get some training too. 

that is, unless i just completely misunderstand the concept of danger rooms.  completely possible, never built one.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time
Pages: [1] 2