Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1489065 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I'm making an assumption that it simply adds the mass of physicsless parts to the existing center of gravity.

it's added to the parent
http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Physicsless_part

it has some funny bug if the part is not radial attached (i.e. it has a big yellow node) - see decouplers some version ago.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Success! I've landed on the Moon! Next up is a space station, a moonbase and then, on to Mars!

Spoiler: Launching at Dusk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lander extraction (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lunar capture (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lander separation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: One small step... (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taking off again (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Leaving... for now (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Back home (click to show/hide)
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I'm sure you guys already know of this, but I just realized that you can EVA off the moon into a relatively low orbit or a somewhat high ballistic trajectory to be maybe picked up by an orbiting ship or something.

I know it's kinda unfeasible but the idea of having a one way lander and then just jetpacking back to the main ship in orbit is too fun to not consider :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

NASA had plans for an emergency lunar escape device which was basically 2 guys in a chair wearing their Eva suits and some RCS on it.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For some reason part of my space station keeps exploding whenever I load it. I was able to dock with it once, but now every time I go to it the game thinks its lab is colliding with something and causes it to explode. The lab comes from the FASA pack but I don't think that makes any difference. The mission report says the lab "collided with Plane." Anyone have any idea of what's causing this and/or any way to stop it?
                        - Random human lord

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The lab comes from the FASA pack but I don't think that makes any difference.

That could be the entire difference. Did any nodes change placement or size or did the hitbox change at all in some update? All those things can cause explosions.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I haven't updated it and it was last working earlier today. I would say the most likely culprits are RSS and KAS. I'll try fiddling with the orbit parameters, see if that does anything.

Edit: Changing the orbit stopped the station form exploding. It's probably a problem with RSS. The last time it exploded the log said it crashed into Jool.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 05:20:58 pm by nogoodnames »
                        - Random human lord

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you use RemoteTech? Somewhere between that and KAS/KIS there can be explosions. Removing RT should fix things.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No RemoteTech. Also, see my edit.

Edit: Well it seemed fine, but after accelerating time a few days it started exploding again. It seems like the game just hates this design. There's a stable release of RSS up now so I'll try updating to it. If that doesn't work I'll just call it a loss and make a new station.

Doubledit: Nope, still broken. Actually, it seems more broken now. Oh well. I evacuated the crew and deorbited the station. It at least burned up fairly spectacularly.

Also, KSP on PS4. Wat?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:51:43 pm by nogoodnames »
                        - Random human lord

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

yeah nevermind the fecking crashbug that has been in the release for a month already

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I've been working on something.

There's still a few minor issues.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What?  Are those pusher plates?  Are you making an Orion?

Have you seen this one?  http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/28428-Orion-aka-Ol-Boom-boom

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

What?  Are those pusher plates?  Are you making an Orion?

Have you seen this one?  http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/28428-Orion-aka-Ol-Boom-boom
Right now all it looks like he's making is a goddamn mess. Clean up your launch pad!

More seriously, that does look neat. What are you making?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Nothing too glamorous.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's actually about half the size of the real thing, the structure at the moment barely weighs 100 tons, whereas the real thing weighs 20 thousand plus. I've tested it successfully with a thousand tons of weighs on the top deck with no problems except the runway predictably exploding.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

How do you plan to move it?

And.. what will it be used for?
Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815 ... 848