Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1489428 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

on further evaluation, I think this may be a feature... or at least "working as intended".

If we are going to get into orbit, we need to go faster. Break the current speed records by...

is the actual text of the contract.  There seems to be nothing beyond 2.5km/s, as I just completed it on a suborbital flight and did not trigger anything further.

But this is what puzzles me:

World First contract line now extends all the way out to Eeloo, and is dependent on player progression.

The above is an item from the 1.0 feature list.  I sort of expected those contracts to continue out, with increasing distance from Kerbin, or being challenged to reach other planetary bodies.

They are seemingly not talking about the "explore Mun" or "explore Duna" contracts, as those are not always given by the "Worlds First" society.  Those have random contract sponsors.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

I think you have to make a rendezvous in orbit before you can get any of the other World's First contracts, since that's the only one of theirs that seems to remain after you hit orbit. Maybe once you get that done, you can move on to the later ones.
Nothing important here, move along.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My rendezvous contract came way late, probably because I unlocked docking ports late. Haven't finished that contract yet.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

The way landmark contracts disappear is kind of annoying. I know there used to be a similar problem with the altitude records but they're kind of gone now. The problem I had was with the "explore the moon" one disappearing because I had the audacity to take some crew reports, EVA reports, and temperature scans during my flyby.
And then no more big money contract for me.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I accepted two rescue from orbit contracts, now neither of the guy to be rescued is shown. damn.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

If they're not specifically in low Kerbin orbit, they could be scattered pretty much anywhere across the Kerbin-Mun system.  On the main forums, I saw a thread where a rescue mission spawned the target only a few hours up on an impact trajectory with the Munar surface, with the expected consequences.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I accepted two rescue from orbit contracts, now neither of the guy to be rescued is shown. damn.
They should show up as derelict ships in orbit

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

If they're not specifically in low Kerbin orbit, they could be scattered pretty much anywhere across the Kerbin-Mun system.  On the main forums, I saw a thread where a rescue mission spawned the target only a few hours up on an impact trajectory with the Munar surface, with the expected consequences.

he warped 1000x so the capsule clipped to safety? :P

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's a rendezvous contract?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

EDIT: Clear this; accidentally hit "quote" instead of "modify." >_<
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 03:40:55 pm by Culise »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

he warped 1000x so the capsule clipped to safety? :P
Hee~. :D

There's a rendezvous contract?
Yep.  If I recall, it basically consists of getting close enough to another owned ship and reducing the relative velocity between the two ships close to zero.

Oddly, I received it before unlocking docking parts, and since it didn't actually require me to dock, I simply fulfilled it at the same time as a rescue mission mostly by accident (I didn't realize how generous the allowances in "close to" would actually be. 

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Woah hoah!  there is a Rendezvous contract!

I never saw it before, it must have been 'under' another one of the contracts in my queue, waiting to be cleared out.  I don't have docking ports open yet, and it came up after completing the "return from orbit" contract and after I declined a few things to freshen the queue.

I was able to complete it at the same time as a rescue mission, zeroed my velocity relative to the debris (tricky without RCS), and when I switched over to control the other craft it acknowledged that they were both crafts at 0 relative velocity and completed the contract. 

Next one up is a Mun flyby, but I think I'll putz about in the atmosphere a bit until Remote Tech and TAC LS are out with official builds.  RT sounds like it should just be a day or so more, there seems to be a stable dev build on Git.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was looking at Duna/Eve craft building before rendezvous in Kerbin orbit showed up. I've picked up Mun and Minmus stranded crew and landed them to plant flags before rendezvous showed up. That mission is a bit late in coming.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's no way to remove the automatic engine fairings in stock, is there?
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Is there a way to downgrade to 1.0.0 using steam?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 848