Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 765 766 [767] 768 769 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1489554 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

presumably by patching the game without updating your mod.  Both of the mods I use tend to have compatibility issues after any update to the game.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ambient light adjustment did stop working temporarily, but that was just a minor inconvenience.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

On that note is there any way to download older versions of KSP? I may or may not have deleted my 1.0.0 copy.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

167.88.35.241 server up, continue discussion in http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=150285.0

currently 1.0, career, normal, no mods.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Most older versions have been archived. No, I won't say where they might be. Just wait for 1.0 to get ironed out. F10 will shut off the bigger current memory leak. You might also want to turn off Steam autoupdate if you have that distro for ksp, although it may turn itself back on sometime later. Steam is fickle like that.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Auto-update can't be turned off, what are you taking about?  ???

Also, F10 keeps turning itself back on every time I launch something.  ::)
That said, I don't seem to have the memory leak in when I'm not in re-entry - I built a jet that overheats and shows temperature bars and flashes red just from flying, and wasn't leaking memory.
I also didn't seem to leak memory when I hyperedited it in above eve, and flew through its atmosphere with the temperature bars on. So I don't know what's up with that. Unless installing hyper edit magically fixed it.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

GAH! And AGAIN I have to use infinite fuel bullshittery. This time to fix what I have to assume is a bug instead of my own incompetence. NERVAs aren't supposed to just randomly explode without heating up first right? I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to randomly explode.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Spoiler: wat (click to show/hide)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yup. I don't have KSP through Steam and couldn't do a screengrab like that from my tablet for most of the day.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just took this screenshot now, just for you:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In any case "Do not automatically update" never did what you think it did, it always only delayed updates until you tried to run the game.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Yep, you can't turn it off for ksp.

I keep my KSP in a separate folder.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I keep my KSP with Squad.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Regardless, turning it off auto-update allows you to go "Oh, hey, updoot," and shove your copy into a seperate folder for preservation.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

edit: wait a minute

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

So I tried 1.0.2. I couldn't really find anything to complain about at first. The heat gauges weren't even giving me memory issues, so I decided to leave them on and do a rather well-paying mission to retrieve a piece of debris from Minmus orbit. It was going fine until I was on a path to return to Kerbin, going straight towards the surface. Just after leaving Minmus' SOI, I realized it was probably a good idea to eject my final stage and fold up my solar panels and service bay, so I did it. After engaging time warp again, every part in my craft was severed from the cockpit,  and there was an explosion. I quick  loaded and tried again, this still happened. Eventually, I went to the tracking station to try time warp there. I waited until the craft was closer to Kerbin, and transferred to it. It was still in one piece, so I engaged timewarp one more time, thinking it was over. This time, the craft didn't explode, but it stayed in place above Kerbin instead. I could still see Kerbin turning beneath me. I let go of the debris I was carrying, and it slid off me and fell to Kerbin on its own just as it would as if I was hovering in place above it. This was especially odd since I had timewarp supposedly on. A few seconds later, my craft exploded just as it did before.

I quick loaded again, fell down to Kerbin without using timewarp. I landed without any problems and tried using timewarp on the surface. It behaved normally.

...is this a known issue? It's incredibly bizarre, and I did a couple other missions before this happened without any problems. If I'm going to have to deal with it again later, I'm probably just going to wait for a better bug fix which doesn't add more bugs.
Pages: 1 ... 765 766 [767] 768 769 ... 848