Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1486531 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

they were so proud of the barn, until bac9 demolished it, that is

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They made a big point of it coming back in 1.0, having "redone it to meet its original design expectations" or something like that.  I was hoping for the barn and trailer park to be back, would have been sweet.

Tech tree is pretty cool.  Probably wont go too far into it until TAC-LS and RT are ready, but might putter around a little picking up simple low-atmosphere and suborbital contracts.  Play with aerodynamics a bit.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile

IT'S HAPPENING.

I already killed Bill. GG WP
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

And I already broke the install.
Dangit, Ispil. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Flying a plane around as is my tradition when playing a new version.  Definitely feel a difference from old vanilla air physics, but it feels much more forgiving than FAR.   Seems kinda like a medium between the two.  EDIT:Get a nice scary shakey effect when pushing a plane's aerodynamics to the limit.  So far failed to rip it apart with that alone though.

Like how we finally see a crew compartment IVA too.  nice detail.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 01:12:43 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

https://youtu.be/7kTbo1wmN-w?t=46s and my ocd kicked in, they didn't retract the ladder XD

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

*stares at clock*
Welp.  I've got a bit before I can play, but it looks like I'm going to have to catch up on everything I missed.  Soo...career mode, building revamps, experience, all that jazz.  I knew about the new thermal reheating and aerodynamic models for Deadly Reentry and FAR, but it looks like the Enhanced Navball mod is obsolete now.  I think that leaves TAC and RemoteTech as the big two, until I can get a feel for how the 1.0 models for those first two compare to the old mod experiences.  We've definitely come a long way since my first ships looked like this, though...

« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 01:28:40 pm by Culise »

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ohh remind me of the old day when you have to consider that @฿&?# launch tower as a factor when you design any spaceship.

Kind of miss that tower, we had a really interesting relationship together :D :'(

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

An observation: Airbrakes are excellent at slowing you down, even at reentry speeds. A capsule can safely reenter without a heatshield if it has some airbrakes to slow it down.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fancy new homepage.

Get your fancy topknot kerbals for 25% off $40.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 01:52:28 pm by BigD145 »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Oh thank god, they put landing gear in the same R&D package as basic flight. No more JATO Komet monstrosities.

EDIT: But they didn't give any kind of fuselage or tank with jet fuel. That's the next tier up. Also, the gear are non-retractable.

Well played, Squad. Well played.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 02:39:29 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

An observation: Airbrakes are excellent at slowing you down, even at reentry speeds. A capsule can safely reenter without a heatshield if it has some airbrakes to slow it down.
Ah.  Don't they burn off, or do they slow you down faster than they disintegrate? 

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Fancy new homepage.

Get your fancy topknot kerbals for 25% off $40.
I remember when it was like, $7 and used a crappy forum-based store interface.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Which... seems weird because they shouldn't be any more effective than a capsule's ass or a heatshield.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile

It's available on Gog, too.
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 848