Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1486433 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Be careful with that hype, we don't want things getting MAGMA! level in here.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, it's officially been Monday for one hour and 23 minutes! Is it out yet?

So... no news then? :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Just 47 minutes, Squad is located in Mexico City, which runs on CST

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

So... no news then? :P
Damn it.  I've been good about not refreshing that page for a whole thirty minutes.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

They migrated so theres more bandwidth for the hordes when the release drops :p.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

wait, is it today? I was expecting it tuesday as usual!

I'm totally unprepared! need to restock frozen pizza and beers

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has anybody seen any parts in the preview videos that allow hypersonic jets? 

I keep seeing people trying to build super fast atmospheric craft, and then having them sheer apart at 1km/s due to heating.

Are there some parts, or wing edges or anything with better heat tolerance?  or is the only solution to only go fast in upper atmosphere?  I have not been watching in detail, only a little here and there.

edits:  just now watching some dude building what looks like a TIE-advanced interceptor and showing off the in-flight force vector arrows thing to show what forces are acting on the craft.  Looks pretty cool.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 03:49:35 am by puke »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Scott Manley showed off one of the stock aircraft and went hypersonic enough to shear as you say.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll wait ferram review on that, as many subtle effects may not be implemented (wing swept drag, sound barrier, etc)

also, I really dislike the new huge wings, because they are very 'one trick only' - all other wing parts can be composed, mixed and matched, but those 747 style wings can only be used for that and they look very awkward if extended with other wing parts

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Any idea where Scot Manley's review went. There used to be a 1 hour review on YouTube, but it was replaced by a 15 minute version.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Any idea where Scot Manley's review went. There used to be a 1 hour review on YouTube, but it was replaced by a 15 minute version.
His first one, the one with the surfboard, hypersonic jet, and asteroid mining is here: http://www.twitch.tv/ksptv/v/4407827 and also on his youtube now.
His other one where he does a sort-of-tutorial with much screwing around while his kids and dog annoy him in the background is here: http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom/v/4411625

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1.0 just hit steam

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1.0 get!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

huh. no barn.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

huh. no barn.
Why would there be a barn?
Pages: 1 ... 744 745 [746] 747 748 ... 848