Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1486060 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10860 on: December 19, 2014, 04:34:18 am »

You should be able to get there on your first flight with stsrting parts.

Manley has an old video of a hot-staged rocket going to mun or minmus on launch 1.  You can easily hit orbit with less than 30 parts (maybe less than 10) and also without staging.  Just watch some YouTube toutorials.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10861 on: December 19, 2014, 08:37:53 am »

It's not the part limit that was getting me, it was the WEIGHT limit. Couldn't carry enough fuel to do just about anything.

I can orbit fine with it upgraded to lvl 2, but having to ration things that hard was just untenable.

Oh, I almost forgot about the idea I had!

I'm thinking of starting up "Drunken Orbits" a succession career game using the drunk fortress "first drunk first served" rules and generally resulting in more exploded buildings then any other game since the feature hit.

Anyone up for it?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:43:27 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10862 on: December 19, 2014, 08:49:48 am »

You should be able to get there on your first flight with stsrting parts.

Manley has an old video of a hot-staged rocket going to mun or minmus on launch 1.  You can easily hit orbit with less than 30 parts (maybe less than 10) and also without staging.  Just watch some YouTube toutorials.
I just cobbled together a stack of the tanks you start with and a lv 30, and reached orbit easily.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10863 on: December 19, 2014, 10:20:13 am »

I'm thinking of starting up "Drunken Orbits" a succession career game using the drunk fortress "first drunk first served" rules and generally resulting in more exploded buildings then any other game since the feature hit.

Anyone up for it?
And for those of us unfamiliar...?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10864 on: December 19, 2014, 11:04:20 am »

Anyone up for it?
And for those of us unfamiliar...?
You get drunk and play DF. You also record how many drinks you took. That's the premise of Drunk Fortress. Link.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10865 on: December 19, 2014, 11:13:13 am »

Its been a few years, but I used to get into s little trouble posting here after having too many drinks.  That probably dates back to the old forums, though.

I have never youtubed, but this seems like something that would be improved by it.  Or whatever Twitch is.  I hear there is this thing now called Twitch...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10866 on: December 19, 2014, 11:45:24 am »

Or whatever Twitch is.
The short version?  It's Youtube, but it's live.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10868 on: December 19, 2014, 02:04:21 pm »

What what what?  I thought resources were on the "no, never, not doing it as an official feature" list?

Or maybe it means something different than I am thinking?  Maybe they mean Funds and Reputation as a resource, rather than something like Kethane.

There can't be too many changes if the game is actually "feature complete".  Especially not Kethane style resources.  Honestly, anything on the wiki page under "upcoming features" which is not already highlighted in yellow is probably out.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10869 on: December 19, 2014, 02:28:12 pm »

Resources where always on the "someday" list. They almost added them (and where working heavily on them) about the NASA update, but then bumped them onto the "after release" list.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10870 on: December 19, 2014, 07:57:46 pm »

Resources where always on the "someday" list. They almost added them (and where working heavily on them) about the NASA update, but then bumped them onto the "after release" list.
Perhaps they mean oxygen and the like?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10871 on: December 19, 2014, 08:28:37 pm »

What? Im talking about mining up ore/sucking up water/sucking in atmo and getting fuel, materials for building, etc. Are you talking about life support?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10872 on: December 20, 2014, 12:02:07 am »

What Aseaheru is talking about is what Squad means by "resources".

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10873 on: December 20, 2014, 01:37:54 am »

What? Im talking about mining up ore/sucking up water/sucking in atmo and getting fuel, materials for building, etc. Are you talking about life support?
You sure? i tought it was about optimisation to help computer *resource* :) (Joke)
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10874 on: December 20, 2014, 05:10:12 am »

I thought they were working on increasing the snack resource capacity of the pods and cans.
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 848