Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 691 692 [693] 694 695 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1486260 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10380 on: October 09, 2014, 01:24:48 pm »

I included keys with buttons.

Also, its alt? Good to know.

Fricking wikis, not listing that... But to be fair, neither does the game.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10381 on: October 09, 2014, 01:27:17 pm »

I didn't even think of using cargo bays for VTOLs, and almost all my quality jets are VTOL. Mirrsen, you're a damn genius.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10382 on: October 09, 2014, 02:14:05 pm »

You dont watch the channel of the guy who made the duna music, do you?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10383 on: October 09, 2014, 02:17:33 pm »

Another side effect of the new cargo bays - open cargo bays make GREAT landing legs! They're damn near indestructible! Not really of course, but other parts of your ship will sooner fail from the G-stress of damper-less landing, than the open bay will break.

Kind of unconventional, but potentially useful.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10384 on: October 09, 2014, 02:17:52 pm »

You dont watch the channel of the guy who made the duna music, do you?
What are you talking about? Duna music? Also, I barely watch any KSP videos except for Danny, so no.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10385 on: October 09, 2014, 02:24:32 pm »

Bagel Rabbit. He made a bunch of music that alot of people thing should be stock and that was featured on the KSP tumblr.
Highly Opinionated Fool

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
  • McMagma, Fortress Addict.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10386 on: October 09, 2014, 03:49:06 pm »

I just bought the game which mods do you guys recomend? (0.25)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10387 on: October 09, 2014, 03:51:57 pm »

Normally I would recommend B9 Aerospace, Active Texture Management and Interstellar, but those aren't updated to the new version yet, because it was only released two days ago. Patience is a virtue, my boy

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10388 on: October 09, 2014, 03:56:07 pm »

Start with stock.

Figure out what you want, and then add it slowly.  Most people who complain about stability and glitches are running heavily modded versions of the game.  Don't follow other peoples laundry list of "mandatory" mods.

And start without using MechaJeb or any of the other games that play the game for you. 

Design rockets without a tool telling you the thrust-to-weight ratio -- failure through experimentation is part of the fun.  Get into orbit without a computer plotting the vector for you, and without an autopilot keeping your rocket pointed straight.  Fight an unstable rocket with your own joystick or keyboard controls until it wobbles and falls apart.

Only automate things once you are so good at getting into orbit that it is routine and boring, or you'll miss half the fun.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10389 on: October 09, 2014, 03:56:35 pm »

Wait a week for Firespitter and ATM.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10390 on: October 09, 2014, 04:05:12 pm »

if you are new i would say just play without mods for a while.

maybe start a career game up and take a look at everything.
check out what each building does... what each button does in the buildings. take a look at the missions you can get and try to complete them.
get used to how building rockets works. get used to how flying rockets works... the controls, SAS.
do missions.. research new parts to test and play around with. get used to advanced controls like RCS.
how to rendezvous with something in orbit and dock with it. transfer fuel/people.
learn how to use maneuvers. how to get to a mun. learn how to land on a mun. learn to fly to one, orbit one, launch/land on it and come back.
learn the science-y stuff with crew reports, surface samples, eva reports, goo canisters, antennae/communications/batteries etc... (rightclick lots of things)
learn to fly to other planets and plant a flag on each or mess with the (?) in space.

there is soooo much you can already do for weeks without even looking at mods.
and once you got used to all this basic vanilla stuff you could look at mods and see what you want to have added or improved for yourself.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10391 on: October 09, 2014, 04:11:19 pm »

Only mod I'd say that is necessary is the visual enhancements mod. Everything else is up to you, and you can choose to suit your playstyle. Personally, I only use KAS, Kethane, some interiors for Mark 3 and Mark 2 cockpits (haven't played .25, dunno if these are stock yet), procedural fairings and visual enhancements.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10392 on: October 09, 2014, 04:35:57 pm »

Ive just been using Raster prop monitor, the ALCOR cockpit and BD's Armory myself...
Dont bother with the armory unless you want to make battles tho, and even then, stock is more than enough.

KAS is almost required if you are gonna make big modular things, and B9 aerospace is really nice, although I am probably gonna ignore it now that we have better stock aircraft parts unless I cant find something smaller that comes with long landing gear.
Highly Opinionated Fool

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10393 on: October 09, 2014, 05:07:52 pm »

FAR might be a good choice to get used to if you're the kind of person who can't live without everything being HYPER REALISTICAL
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
  • McMagma, Fortress Addict.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10394 on: October 09, 2014, 05:16:28 pm »

I have already played this game before, I think it was alpha or something, there was no moon or planets or even orbits :P, But since then I watched alot of KSP related videos and whatnot, so I wouldn't say Im not a total newbie to the game, in the mean time I managed to land on the moon(Those hours lost watching ksp videos were worth).
Pages: 1 ... 691 692 [693] 694 695 ... 848