Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1486429 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10245 on: September 15, 2014, 01:12:18 pm »

On that note, has anyone else tried to do IRONKERBAL mode yet? I.E. use the debug menu to disable reverts/quicksaves/crew revives?

I tried and OH GOD that was horrible. In this version it is apparently entirely possible to lose Kerbal Space Program...
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10246 on: September 15, 2014, 01:13:50 pm »

I kind of do, lost jeb and bill to food shortage and electric charge shortage respectively

But they set the capsule on reentry course with chute opened so at least science wasn't wasted.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10247 on: September 15, 2014, 01:19:20 pm »

I lost both those guys as well in my current game, though I'm playing with reverts and quicksaves, I turned off respawns.

Jeb died in I think the first mission because I was unaware G-forces were deadly in my modset. Bill died shortly thereafter to...I forget what he died of. Probably something similar.
Then I lost those two other kerbals in the infamous first trip to Eve because Bob is a bastard and ejected them (IT WAS TOTALLY ALL BOB! I AM BLAMELESS :P)

Indeed, I do this.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10248 on: September 15, 2014, 01:21:33 pm »

Uh I think we have sinilar modsets.

Here's mine: http://pastebin.com/6fqTCcDQ

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10249 on: September 15, 2014, 01:49:40 pm »

LOL, you have WAYYYY more mods then I do right now.

Mine are pretty much Interstellar, TAC life support, Deadly Reentry, FAR, Fine Print, and SP+

How's Extraplanetary Launchpads coming along anyway? I tried that a few versions ago and never got to use it because fuckhueg Launchpad thing that I had no idea how to get into orbit. Or how to attach it to the other things it needed. Basically I couldn't figure it out XD. Loved the idea though.
Does it still need Kethane as a dependency? (In my opinion Kethane has been outstripped by Interstellar now that the later added its own, better, refineries.)

Indeed, I do this.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10250 on: September 15, 2014, 01:52:26 pm »

i liked kethane because i could make a refueling station in minmus orbit, drop down landers, have the landers process kethane into fuel on site, load up even more kethane, drop that to the orbiter and land back for some delicious mining

but then i haven't played for aeons because my toaster's pretty much an explosive barrel nowadays so recommend me things that lower load (graphics, most urgently)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10251 on: September 15, 2014, 01:54:25 pm »

kethane or kerbonite, it is used for the ore deposit stuff.

I don't use them that much but it is convenient for launching small probe off minmus. I still prefer to launch and assembly in orbit however.

they seem much but many are small mods, like compartment tubes, just a part or two for a specific use.

those are awesome btw:
Spoiler: compartment tubes (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10252 on: September 15, 2014, 01:58:04 pm »

Uh I think we have sinilar modsets.

Here's mine: http://pastebin.com/6fqTCcDQ
Hopefuly you won't mind if I use this as a list of mods to get when I re-attempt to really get into KSP again, as I have no idea where to start when it comes to KSP mods.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10253 on: September 15, 2014, 01:58:57 pm »

kethane or kerbonite, it is used for the ore deposit stuff.

I don't use them that much but it is convenient for launching small probe off minmus. I still prefer to launch and assembly in orbit however.

they seem much but many are small mods, like compartment tubes, just a part or two for a specific use.

those are awesome btw:
Spoiler: compartment tubes (click to show/hide)

That looks incredibly neat, link please?

Also I use Karbonite because FOSS turns me on :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10255 on: September 15, 2014, 04:01:43 pm »

Hey does anyone know where I could find some online interactive version of the Interstellar tech tree? Or something similar? Hard to know where certain things are in it, y'know?

Indeed, I do this.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10256 on: September 15, 2014, 06:10:33 pm »

So, while mucking with mods, I...
I...
I acci- accidentally deleted the NASA mission folder. And I have the Steam version so no idea how to get it back.

What have I done?
Verify integrity of game cache?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10257 on: September 15, 2014, 06:57:43 pm »

Delete the .exe and it should redownload that along with any other missing files, I think.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10258 on: September 15, 2014, 07:39:56 pm »

Thats why you don't use Steam my hapless underling.

* Aseaheru smiles the smile of the Steam-Hater who was right in detesting Steam.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10259 on: September 15, 2014, 07:47:23 pm »

Did you read my post? There's an extremely easy solution that doesn't involve redownloading the entire game.

This is completely and utterly the worst game to hate using steam for. The steam version is completely DRM free, requires you to download less, does not require steam to run and has a better download client than KSP without it does anyway. I cannot think of a single disadvantage to using Steam for this game other than some predisposed hatred of it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 07:49:07 pm by Putnam »
Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 848