Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1486621 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

its a bunch of them, but We dont need mods here.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DMP is stable and is being worked on.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DMP does support mods. I'm not sure to what extent yet. I can see certain mods such as TimeControl causing problems but part mods and things like MechJeb and FAR should work fine. A community Interstellar Quest seems like it would be incredibly fun.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DMP does support mods. I'm not sure to what extent yet. I can see certain mods such as TimeControl causing problems but part mods and things like MechJeb and FAR should work fine. A community Interstellar Quest seems like it would be incredibly fun.

I hope that the combat mods work.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If nothing else we can always go with kinetic impactors.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I prefer stock kinetic missiles. They are much more fun to design and build ships around and tend to cause a satisfying level of damage. They'd be pretty much impossible to dogfight with though, especially with the jittery movement inherent with KSP multiplayer mods.
                        - Random human lord

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

Idea: use Extraplanetary Launchpads and Kethane, as well as a few other mods (specifically SCANSat), have each player claim a Joolian moon, and first person to have control of the Joolian system wins. To keep things interesting, maybe a 'one-resupply-mission-per-launch-window' limit, to keep the focus on ISRU.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think i drop this in here too http://godarklight.info.tm/dmp-serverlist/
As can see servers are using many different mods.
I think its just matter of testing out what works if putting own server up.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right, well enough people seem interested. Unless someone else comes along and volunteers to host I will set up a simple vanilla sandbox server sometime tomorrow. After that we can decide on what mods to add and which gamemode we want.
                        - Random human lord

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

All I know is that I want to design a craft with warp drive torpedo's at some point :P

Idea: use Extraplanetary Launchpads and Kethane, as well as a few other mods (specifically SCANSat), have each player claim a Joolian moon, and first person to have control of the Joolian system wins. To keep things interesting, maybe a 'one-resupply-mission-per-launch-window' limit, to keep the focus on ISRU.

Well that sounds good, until you realize some lucky bastard gets to make rockets on a moon with no atmosphere and next to no gravity while some unlucky bastard has to deal with firing things from Laythe.

So while Laytheguy is going to be firing normal rockets and probably assembling things in space, Luckybastard could probably just make giant warship from one whole part and still make space with more fuel then Laytheguy.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:56:13 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

They be adding arrow to navball instead of antiicon

Why can't just get the enhanced navball mod in game plus docking alignment indicator?

Arrows. Hope i read it wrong.

http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/95232611054/devnote-tuesdays-the-cant-spell-kerbal-without-k

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

They're just adding an arrow so you don't have to search for the maneuver indicator.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow just had a harrowing Mun orbit mission because I forgot TAC Life Support makes you require Electric Charge. After quite a few quicksaves/loads to figure out exactly how long he could go without, Bill finally returned safe and sound because of a stupid number of "lets not die" burns at periodic intervals.

So yeah, Orbiter III has four batteries and two solar panels due to this.

EDIT: And now ladies and gentlekerbals, I give you something astounding that has never been done before! (at least by me :P)

Spoiler: Hecate Lunar Lander (click to show/hide)

This little beauty is designed to conserve fuel for the precious "getting the hell off the Mun" stage by utilizing the power of monopropellant engines as the initial landing stage and leaving behind all that bulky science equipment after it gets used up.

The Hecate comes equipped with eight strategically placed Vernor Engines as a last resort against tippage (conceivably allowing it to get off the ground regardless of what angle it ends up at) as well as extensive life support systems to prevent loss of precious life.

Along with the previously listed features, the Hecate utilizes an asparagus style booster system equipped to survive re-entry for later use. This first generation craft is already the most advanced lander developed by BFEL industries and yet later models utilizing next generation technology are already planned that will allow the final spent booster to be utilized as an impactor probe.

The Hecate comes fully equipped as seen at the low, low price of 55000 kerbucks, order now to receive free shipping and handling as well as a complimentary Hecate action figure with kung-fu grip!

EDIT2: Yeah, nevermind all that. Need to totally redo the booster section and I'm pretty sure I need more monopropellant. I'll keep you guys posted :P
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:24:48 am by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks good BFEL. A bit unstable for landing perhaps, you probably don't want to land anywhere near a hill.

I've finally succumbed to the cold that has been ravaging my household for the past week. I'll still try to have a server up today, but I doubt I'll have the energy for much more.
                        - Random human lord

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks good BFEL. A bit unstable for landing perhaps, you probably don't want to land anywhere near a hill.

That's what the Vernor Engines are for, and currently the least of my worries :P
I basically ripped the booster section straight from another ship so it was insufficient to get me fully orbital, let alone get me to the Mun. So I'm thinking I'll have to make it a sixfold instead of fourfold booster.
I've already fixed some issues with the lander itself, specifically strutted the hell out of the auxiliary fuel tanks because Ferram does NOT like those at all and wants to rip them right off.
I also added a inline monoprop tank between the science and engine decoupler because I have absolutely zero confidence in the amount of fuel it had for the landing.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 848