Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1486906 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I HAVE lots of struts.

But not in the right place.  Maybe it is the resolution of the image, but it looks like everything is connected through that docking clamp.  and that docking clamp is not reinforced.

I'd take those lateral fuel bulbs that are above and below the docking clamps, and run some struts between them.  That would create a rigid large-diameter reinforcement, and probably stop the bending.  Then you would not need to remove the top SAS -- though it may still be a cause for spinning.

I think the best SAS is kept near your center of mass, though this is tricky when you have a lot of staging going on.  SAS at the top probably has more leverage, but can be a stability issue sometimes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I gave up on that design of payload, instead opting for half an orange tank. It still happens, even though I've strutted basically everything on that neck.

Anyway, it's not really the problem. The problem is the spinning in the first place. However, if I turn off the roll on the flaps the rocket slowly topples over to the left, which is the wrong direction. I will now try to turn the entire rocket around so it topples in the right direction.

E: Fuck it, I'm building a new lifter.

E2:
UUUUHH
UUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 01:50:33 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Too top heavy. Try to switch things around even if you need a rebuild.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile

Wait, so where is the control part?
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I'm being a little cheaty and using MechJeb as the control part (hence the fucked up navball in the picture, I put it on the bottom of the rockomax adapter). It's surprisingly stable, but the LV-909 just isn't enough to get it into orbit.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

are you using asparagus fuel flow?  slap on an additional stage of solids, and/or some radial solids?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I'm being a little cheaty and using MechJeb as the control part (hence the fucked up navball in the picture, I put it on the bottom of the rockomax adapter). It's surprisingly stable, but the LV-909 just isn't enough to get it into orbit.
I'd say that that's the problem, or a part of it. SAS is less likely to work properly if it's not controlling the right axes. (what's the plural of "axis", anyway? I've been using "axes" since that seems to make grammatic sense, but what's the actual plural form?)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Axies?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(what's the plural of "axis", anyway? I've been using "axes" since that seems to make grammatic sense, but what's the actual plural form?)

Yup.  Axes.  ("Aks-ease" as opposed to "aks-iss").
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is a dwarf joke in there somewhere, I know it.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

Lewis Carroll did it first.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

If you're piloting a proper dwarven spacecraft, your axes should be flying around everywhere, once you hit about 10km.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My new set of mods for the latest version seems to be causing issues. They can range from minor annoyances like the UI spazzing out whenever I deploy a new comsat, to potential disasters like things staging out of sequence. I've lost several kerbals to these bugs in my career game.

The major culprits seem to be B9 and remote tech. I think remote tech is causing the aforementioned UI and staging issues. On the other hand, B9 parts randomly cause craft to get their cost set to NaN and lose their CoM marker. I think they also have some glitch aerodynamics since my attempts at making an early SSTO for deploying satellites have resulted in planes unable to take off even when their CoL is in front of their CoM. I guess I shouldn't just pile on compatibility patches from random people and expect them to work.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've got no problems with RemoteTech2.  Running Build 32.  Staging is fine, even if I drag thing around to rearrange my stages mid-flight.

I've got it combined with TAC Life Support and ScanSat.

Build 47 was just released and is a release candidate for 1.4.1... so maybe I should update.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

B9 has at least two dll's that haven't been updated in months.
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 848