Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1485075 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Delete it and all it's config files. Reinstall.
So, it's probably not a compatibility issue?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

The mobile ballistic missile launch platform is a success!!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The modified version with extra wheels, foglight and a minibar launches a spy satellite complete with antennae and photovoltaic panels to a 200 x 200 orbit with fuel for re-entering.

Performance and driving comfortability in hilly terrain needs to be performed though... Doubling its width should work.

Oh you think you so clever do you?

MEET THE REVENANT

Spoiler: SOMANYMISSLES (click to show/hide)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Pfft, those missiles aren't even ICBM!
But theres so many, .... so very many.
So i'll let it slide.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Revised the design.
It now has Mechjeb for (hopefully) cluster targeting

And even MOAR MISSLES

Indeed, I do this.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

Wouldn't firing those missiles straight up just make them come strait down on top of you? :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wouldn't firing those missiles straight up just make them come strait down on top of you? :P
No actually. Although firing them DOES destroy the vehicle pretty good. I assume it just can't take the stress of all their exhaust blasts at once

Still working on getting Mechjeb to have them target something. SMART A.S.S. Target + seems to be the best candidate so far

Indeed, I do this.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Ran out of Ram while missile equipping something, brb.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ran out of Ram while missile equipping something, brb.

I've started a thing haven't I? :P

Indeed, I do this.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

I did that alot.

Hell, I made ships that did that...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

270 Missiles seems to be the limit :( Edit: Maybe not......
Edit:
Meet the SRM-54, Comprised of 9 SRM-6 Racks, The modular design makes retrofitting existing craft easy, it also saves on parts. The rack is welded together into one part, then 54 seperators are added, finally the missiles which are also welded into a single part, total, a mere 109 parts.
Launch is rather destructive to test stand.
Nice grouping for first kilometer.
Now separating, this is bad for accuracy.
Macross Spam anyone?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 12:33:43 am by MarcAFK »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice. But all MY missiles have Mechjeb, so they can actually track a target and all fly toward it, despite firing in different directions. In theory anyway, because of Mechjeb limitations (it doesn't save smartass settings through stage separation) you have to switch to each and every missile and hit the right buttons. Still, its awesome when it happens and they all swarm toward a target.

Indeed, I do this.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I wasn't sure how to do that, Mind explaining in greater detail? :p

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wasn't sure how to do that, Mind explaining in greater detail? :p
First get Mechjeb.

After that throw a mechjeb unit on every missile.

Next you get on the launch pad and select a target (such as a pod or debris)

Open the "Smart A.S.S." up and look for Target, and then look for target +

Launch missiles, then "[" or "]" to them and start selecting the smart ass setting we just found and VIOLA, your missiles now seek out the target (albeit poorly)

Funny thing bout mechjeb is that it saves that setting when you switch missiles but not when you stage, which is unfortunate because then we could just have all the missiles track the target from launch

Indeed, I do this.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Great, Now I just need to get KSP to stop crashing at 2.274 MB ram....

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Nice. But all MY missiles have Mechjeb, so they can actually track a target and all fly toward it, despite firing in different directions.
Now do that with Kerbal AI.

For bonus points, make a set of ships that launch separately, all go into space about the same time and fire at a target on the ground, hitting it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 848