Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1485044 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Found that. Thanks.

EDIT: I tried to fly one of Farram's "stock" craft, the Dark Hammer II or something. I drifted a bit to the left, and...well...

I think I should find  way to correct that sideslip. Probably by not having the plane explode.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 10:19:19 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Shoved a pair of  Rapiers onto the back of the U2 and now it reaches orbit easily.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
4 tanks hold plenty of oxidiser for the job.
Uh, getting back however is rather a problem.
Reentry is somewhat faster than it can handle, by the time the atmosphere gets thick enough to provide life it also happens to be thick enough to tear the wings off due to the speed that remains.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try coming in shallower? You know, bleed off speed by spending more time in the upper atmosphere slowing down before hitting the lower atmosphere.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

I finally figured out how to do more stuff on Interstellar, this time with the help of Active Texture Reduction, which seems to make the game stop crashing, with the downside of making the game take forever to start.

These parts are so amazing. It is now possible to have a small fighter SSTO, launching and going to other planets completely unassisted. It's also very aesthetically pleasing, even when used with B9.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interstellar thermal turbojets require air intakes in addition to the thermal power source. Interstellar also adds a need to hook air intakes up to a precooler or the engines overheat at high speeds. My setup for a thermal turbojet looks kind of like this.

That one was before I added FAR and Deadly Reentry though.

And since putting engines in front of things is my specialty, here's a recent design I'm proud of.

That one is using FAR and Deadly Reentry.

EDIT: *laughs maniacally*

FAR, Deadly Reentry, and Procedural Farings
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 08:02:12 pm by Leonon »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Yeah, that first test I ran out of fuel due to a fuel line problem, so I never managed to circulise, therefore my reentry was steep.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

I'm having a problem. Some mod or another came with a convenient toolbar that lets me open and close various popup windows related to mods and plugins.

In the VAB, it's right over the "cockpit" and "propulsion" tabs. How do I move it?
If its the one I am thinking of, click the down arrow and there should be an unlock toolbar position option in there.
Also a bit of nuance which initially got me:
You need to click on the down arrow. You can then unlock it, and move it around. To lock it, you need to click exactly on the sprite for the down arrow, as the not-down-arrow-pixels surrounding it will just re-position it again, as for some odd reason they decided that one shouldn't be a standard square clicking area.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which is quite a pain.

EDIT:

Lessons learned:
1. That Editor Tools thing doesn't just switch symmetry mode; it actually moves you from the VAB to the SPH.
2. Those little engines? They apparently stand up on their ends really well.
3. My rocket needs LSEs.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 10:28:17 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You only need to move the bar a few times and then leave it alone forever.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New mod compatibility issue: The MechJeb sidebar is broken. Like, it's blank, so I can't select any of the options. This is bad, because I find MechJeb useful for such things as precise turns, not worrying about if I'm pointed in exactly the right direction for long or precise maneuvers, and maneuver node editing. And Δv calculations, of course.
Any idea why this would happen?
Sig

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Delete it and all it's config files. Reinstall.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been having all kinds of glitches in my career game. When I resume flight on a spacecraft, all joints seem to lose connectivity and the craft gets hit by all kinds of phantom forces. Kerbals leaving the craft get launched into oblivion, and the "bailed out" screen displays. I already lost one Mun mission when the lander was deleted because I tried returning to the space centre while it was in that state.

Strangely I never had these problems in my sandbox games. The only change I made to my mods was updating Ferram. I wonder if the aerodynamic stress change is causing it.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, Ferram changes things. It's not aerodynamic, it's something else. I had it explained in a KSP stream by one of the testers, but I forget exactly what it is.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well now thanks to the glitch I know what it's like to dock with an accelerating target, in the dark, with all of my instruments malfunctioning. ‼FUN‼
I'm going to try reverting Ferram. The game is almost unplayable in this state.

EDIT: Reverting didn't help. I think the save may be unsalvageable.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 03:15:39 pm by nogoodnames »
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The mobile ballistic missile launch platform is a success!!!

The modified version with extra wheels, foglight and a minibar launches a spy satellite complete with antennae and photovoltaic panels to a 200 x 200 orbit with fuel for re-entering.

Performance and driving comfortability in hilly terrain needs to be performed though... Doubling its width should work.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 06:14:41 pm by Erkki »
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 848