Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1484996 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"warp"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I have no folders labeled "warp".
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"warpplugin" I was going by memory before.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sounds about right...I wonder if I uninstalled it earlier and forgot? Doesn't sound right...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

So I designed an F-104 and damn KSP hates engines that are in front of wings, the damn thing has no thrust at all.
I had to compromise and place them slightly above the wings, but it flies well, top speed 300 m/s (at altitude) , altitude 6500 meters.
I slapped some extra wing segments onto the wing roots tripling the wing size for a simple U2 conversion, it now has a max altitude of above 20 km with top speed around 700 m/s while up there.
They don't recover too well from the flat spin that results from flying at that altitude though.
Edit: I'm aklso considering replacing interstellar with near future, It would be simplier and more stable (warp had some problems when I installed extraplanetary launchpads)
Edit: I meant to ask, does FAR fix that problem? I made the 104 in my unmodded ARM version and am wondering if installing FAR would allow engines to actually provide thrust while blocked by wings or fuselage.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 01:53:17 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Edit: I meant to ask, does FAR fix that problem? I made the 104 in my unmodded ARM version and am wondering if installing FAR would allow engines to actually provide thrust while blocked by wings or fuselage.

You know, I have to ask. Do real engines provide thrust when blocked by wings or the fuselage? Sure, IRL you can theoretically have control surfaces in the engine exhaust to get more control, but you need them a ways away from the engine itself, otherwise they'll eventually be eroded away.

What I mean to say is, it's not a problem. It's a feature. FAR enhances flight realism, so no, it does nothing to alter that behavior.

...why do you need engines blocked by wings for an F-104 anyway?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Well, In KSP I can't have the thrust from the twin engines in front of the wings exit through the rear of the fuselage since they're just full of fuel.
Perhaps I should install far and use some of those thrust vectoring dealies.. or I could put the engines in the rear and install air intakes up front.  I'll put up some photos for comparison.
Edit: Also I don't really mean the air is completely blocked by the wing, I just mean if the engine is in front of the wing it doesn't do anything.
I could possibly find some pictures of real aircraft that have engines that work in the place where I was attempting to put them in KSP.
Edit: It seems only prop driver craft put engines there, go figure
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 02:34:58 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

wouldn't they melt the tail wings? also, they would probably interfere with thrust reversing mechanisms.

I kind of remember to have seen something like that, but can't tell if it was real life or not  :-\

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

This is KSP.
We must go one step further.

We must put the engine in front of EVERYTHING.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 07:27:32 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Where's the external command chair?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Inside the cockpit.
Sig

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Not external.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

Internal external command chair?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm having a problem. Some mod or another came with a convenient toolbar that lets me open and close various popup windows related to mods and plugins.

In the VAB, it's right over the "cockpit" and "propulsion" tabs. How do I move it?
Sig

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I'm having a problem. Some mod or another came with a convenient toolbar that lets me open and close various popup windows related to mods and plugins.

In the VAB, it's right over the "cockpit" and "propulsion" tabs. How do I move it?
If its the one I am thinking of, click the down arrow and there should be an unlock toolbar position option in there.
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 848