Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1484820 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

3.75m interstellar mod reactors make the best rocket engines ever. (interstellar allows you to put a thermal rocket nozzle on a reactor) I am now going to build an interplanetary spesship using this technology, complete with a bunch of little drones to fly down and science the planets.

Also, I have developed a burning desire to hear Scott Manley say "No true Scotsman would use MechJeb!"
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Oh well, time to play KSP again!
I start up a career mode save with most interstellar quest mods, excluding the actual interstellar quest, deadly reentry and TAC liffe support.
I do some science, and then organize a munar flyby because it gives faster science.
Everything goes according to plan, yay, i spent quite some time on this.

AND THEN I WARP STRAIGHT INTO KERBIN AND I EXPLODE
FUUUUUUUUUUCK

Well, that was it for my motivation to play ksp.
That's what Kerbal Alarm Clock is in that set of mods for.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I've modded an asteroid to 50,000 tons, I'm now conducting science.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

As is becoming a recurring theme in my career mode games, an intended munar mission wound up in interplanetary space. As it had state-of-the-art comms technology, it was able to transmit a load of science. Now, the kerbals within have 38 days until the life support runs out.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

No chance of a rescue mission? :(
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

3.75m interstellar mod reactors make the best rocket engines ever. (interstellar allows you to put a thermal rocket nozzle on a reactor) I am now going to build an interplanetary spesship using this technology, complete with a bunch of little drones to fly down and science the planets.

Also, I have developed a burning desire to hear Scott Manley say "No true Scotsman would use MechJeb!"

Between warp and vacuum powered engines you can go anywhere without atmosphere and never refuel that vessel. You just have to fuel your power network. Is it overpowered? Not really. Warp is funky. It either takes loads of time for alignment or knowing how to slow down or speed up via gravity really well.

I started altering a b9 plane for ssto and damn but tail fins suck in space. Argh, my center of mass.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 12:15:57 am by BigD145 »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

In 38 days? Well, maybe MechJeb can handle it...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

In 38 days? Well, maybe MechJeb can handle it...

38 days is plenty for a Mun mission. If you can back up the save and make a mod list, it can make a neat challenge scenario.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Yeah, consider it a challenge. With enough deltaV you can get to the moon in 38 minutes!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Round trip slingshot to and from the Mun is a day or so. 100km orbit around Kerbin is 1 hour, so it's a maximum of 1 hour to lineup a burn to the Mun or Minmus.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

Perhaps, then, I can simply ship them another ship, equipped for a ten-year mission. Or maybe I can just let them die. The first one sounds more fun, though.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perhaps, then, I can simply ship them another ship, equipped for a ten-year mission. Or maybe I can just let them die. The first one sounds more fun, though.

Might as well make them a permanent home.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I almost managed to bring my Mun science back to Kerbin, I was already in the atmosphere.
AND THEN KSP FROZE
* miauw62 froths violently

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

I almost managed to bring my Mun science back to Kerbin, I was already in the atmosphere.
AND THEN KSP FROZE
IIRC quicksaves last forever.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

AND THEN KSP FROZE
IIRC quicksaves last forever.
Phew.
Not all is lost!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 848