Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1491220 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are underwater rovers that operate out of a land facility that just go running around on their own.

You can turn mechjeb screens on and off at will. There are a lot of LPers that have Kerbal Engineer taking up permanent screen real estate.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

Ugh, building big rockets is hard. I'm building a massive beast that I will probably use to take my prized Chadory Kerman to Duna and back. I've tested the return phase, and it can orbit Kerbin by itself with what I hope will be enough fuel for the atomic engines to take it back.

However, I added what will be the launch phase and the stuff that will get it to Duna, and while I'm confident it'll have enough fuel and that the staging is correct, it falls apart easily. I haven't been able to take the whole thing to LKO yet. I've put an additional 50 space tapes on the bottom asparagusses, but they still fall apart. Everything else is perfectly sturdy. Halp.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

More struts?

You seem to be falling prey to the Square/Cube Law. Which doesn't help, but now you know what your problem is called!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It all depends on how you put it together and where you space taped. I've seen and used some huge stages and every one used part clipping, right down to taping inline tank stacks.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I use mechjeb extensively (basically everything but takeoff, landing and docking) and I think that saying "just use mechjeb lol" is terrible advice.
I wasn't saying that he should just use mechjeb, just that it has neat features.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

I use mechjeb extensively (basically everything but takeoff, landing and docking) and I think that saying "just use mechjeb lol" is terrible advice.
I don't use it anymore, but I learned a lot while using it. So yes, it's a crutch, but one that can teach you how to walk.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

MechJeb is also fun if you don't care about operating space crafts, and just want to build space stations and mining outposts.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mechjeb is also nice for half hour+ burns. Just walk away. Do something else. Quicksave and come back minutes before it finishes to make sure everything goes as planned.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mechjeb is also nice for half hour+ burns. Just walk away. Do something else. Quicksave and come back minutes before it finishes to make sure everything goes as planned.
Sounds good, but when would you need a half-hour burn?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

I take it you never use ion engines?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GWG hasn't gotten there yet. Just wait until those multi hour burns... I try to avoid those because they are boring!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

NERVAs can result in them too.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

Oops wrong thread
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:15:26 pm by IronTomato »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I take it you never use ion engines?
Not successfully!

NERVAs can result in them too.
Please don't acronym. If you do, the abbr key is nice.
Sig

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I've never been able to pack the desired science into a spacecraft light enough to make ion engines a practical propulsion method. Nuclear engines are efficient enough for me to be content, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 848