Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1490563 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7695 on: December 19, 2013, 07:52:28 pm »

My first landing on Minmus was there! 1500 meters. I landed in the dark.

I really need to plan better. I mean, it was a successful return mission and all that, but I land in the dark way too often >:(

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7696 on: December 19, 2013, 07:58:25 pm »

Damnit, Putnam. How are you supposed to spread the location of biomes if you're blind?

So I'm spacing out 3 Eve missions to all go in the same window. One each at 100km, 300km, and 600km orbits around Kerbin. They're about 15 minutes apart. A Jool mission will go out 30 days prior. What could possibly go wrong?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 08:08:35 pm by BigD145 »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7697 on: December 19, 2013, 09:43:11 pm »

So I've been launching rovers to Mun.

In the perfect world, how fast should a rover be able to go before it flips over while turning? (I'm not asking HOW to make it better, I wanna figure that out by myself)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7698 on: December 19, 2013, 09:52:34 pm »

Anybody else have an irrational urge to make a jet-powered rover with an extended antenna on the front, lining some kerbals up on the runway, and making some kerbabs?
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7699 on: December 19, 2013, 09:59:27 pm »

Anybody else have an irrational urge to make a jet-powered rover with an extended antenna on the front, lining some kerbals up on the runway, and making some kerbabs?
Well, now that you mention it...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7700 on: December 19, 2013, 11:01:24 pm »

Don't use stock rover wheels. They'll pop if you go jet powered.

Also. Again. Fuck you, Gilly. 1x for a quarter hour just to get low Gilly orbit science.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 12:00:41 am by BigD145 »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7701 on: December 20, 2013, 01:38:11 pm »

Science module and fuel module are already there. Now I just need some crew quarters and finally a Mun taxi with science parts. Then I just need to land and dock fifteen times.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7702 on: December 20, 2013, 01:54:47 pm »

Ah, reminds me of when I was building my LKO space station... Ol' Leburry's been up there for years!

By the way, if I wanted to push something like that to another planet to act as a refueling station, what would I have to do?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7703 on: December 20, 2013, 02:00:44 pm »

You forgot to mention the state of panic.
The state of panic is omnipresent.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7704 on: December 20, 2013, 02:06:22 pm »

Science module and fuel module are already there. Now I just need some crew quarters and finally a Mun taxi with science parts. Then I just need to land and dock fifteen times.

It's still low returns on sending most science via antenna.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7705 on: December 20, 2013, 03:40:46 pm »

Spoiler: Added crew and a taxi (click to show/hide)

WHAT :c

By the way, if I wanted to push something like that to another planet to act as a refueling station, what would I have to do?
If you want to move an existing space station, just build an acceleration module (i.e. a rocket with a docking port on top), and make sure you attach it symmetrically, otherwise you'll just accelerate in circles. If your station can't be symmetricized by redocking, just move the parts one by one and rebuild the station around the other planet.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7706 on: December 20, 2013, 03:54:12 pm »

Sent scientific data will zero out very quickly if it's a physical experiment. Observational ones are the only ones you can get 100% for over the air. So, you might be able to get 40% sent off the first time and then next repetition will have 0%, but delivering to Kerbin will give you the remainder. Processing in the lab will never give you 100%.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7707 on: December 20, 2013, 03:56:45 pm »

4 Kerbals trapped on the Mun today, 4 Kerbals trapped on the Mun,
Send a new craft, we need them all back,
4 Kerbals trapped on the Mun.

5 Kerbals trapped on the Mun today, 5 Kerbals trapped on the Mun...

This career session is not going well.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7708 on: December 20, 2013, 04:18:55 pm »

Eeh, needs more work.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7709 on: December 20, 2013, 04:24:52 pm »

Sent scientific data will zero out very quickly if it's a physical experiment. Observational ones are the only ones you can get 100% for over the air. So, you might be able to get 40% sent off the first time and then next repetition will have 0%, but delivering to Kerbin will give you the remainder. Processing in the lab will never give you 100%.
So the only benefit is that you can reset your science parts? That's stupid. :(
Pages: 1 ... 512 513 [514] 515 516 ... 848