Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1489769 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7186 on: November 12, 2013, 04:48:25 pm »

We need to weaponize this somehow.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7187 on: November 12, 2013, 05:04:03 pm »

Thanks for those mod tips guys! I actually have stuff now!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #7188 on: November 12, 2013, 06:07:23 pm »

Have you tried trebuchet-assisted launch?

Basically, build a trebuchet, like so.

But instead of flinging a dead weight, throw a small rocket and fire it up at the apogee of the projectile's path.
That's not a trebuchet. It needs to have a sling on the end of the arm in order to be a trebuchet. That is just a catapult.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trebuchet#Basic_design
The machine utilizes a sling affixed to the end of the throwing arm, acting as a secondary fulcrum, to further multiply the speed of the projectile.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7189 on: November 12, 2013, 06:14:32 pm »

Well then, build an actual trebuchet to fling a small rocket before firing said rocket. Go on. I dare you.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7190 on: November 12, 2013, 06:20:23 pm »

You only get a few hundreds m of altitude. Wouldn't make much of a difference I say.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7191 on: November 12, 2013, 06:21:51 pm »

You're missing the point

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #7192 on: November 12, 2013, 06:36:56 pm »

Well then, build an actual trebuchet to fling a small rocket before firing said rocket. Go on. I dare you.

http://imgur.com/a/AfTxu
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

there is quite a long story about this somewhere. like it has tested, improved, refined, then brought it to minmus

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7193 on: November 12, 2013, 06:57:17 pm »

The kerb-bow or a rocket trebuchet?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7194 on: November 12, 2013, 09:37:19 pm »

Finding the center of mass is such a pain. Just rotating the view in VAB or SPH throws the view out of whack with respect to the indicator.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7195 on: November 12, 2013, 11:09:23 pm »

http://imgur.com/a/AfTxu
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

there is quite a long story about this somewhere. like it has tested, improved, refined, then brought it to minmus
Thats a balista...
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7196 on: November 12, 2013, 11:11:35 pm »

Everyone that's arguing over the details of medieval siege weaponry in this thread is missing the point and promptly needs to be scheduled for the next available rocket flight out of atmosphere.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7197 on: November 12, 2013, 11:54:37 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiVVcd22Uo4

now counting down time until someone redoes the intake skin and makes a ksp bouncing 2hus video

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7198 on: November 12, 2013, 11:57:54 pm »

After many hours of planning, testing, and watching my FPS plummet into the nether, I've finally got a vessel which I'm comfortable sending to Jool to study the planet and its' moons. The transfer burn is 25 minutes long, if you ignore the time added by lag. Whole craft is a bit wiggly with Mechjeb's manuever guidance performing the burns, because the joint connecting the lander and IPD is only a standard-size docking port and mechjeb hates the idea of flying straight.

I really want a personal desktop that can run this game at a speed that doesn't give me a headache. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7199 on: November 13, 2013, 12:01:51 am »

Have you used the lower res skins for the standard parts? That helps a bit. There's not much difference in visuals, really.
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 848