Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1489443 times)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oops, yeah I read de-tachable.
Anyways, yeah, docking ports....

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

You know what I want? A radially attachable probe.

Radial decoupler + Probe maybe?

Note that you'll need two decouplers or else your probe won't by symmetrical.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know what I want? A radially attachable probe.

Radial decoupler + Probe maybe?

Note that you'll need two decouplers or else your probe won't by symmetrical.

It doesn't need to be symmetrical. Just balance the weight by moving things around.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Also the griders allow you to radial everything

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please let me know when somebody wants to do an orbital high-five!  8)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please let me know when somebody wants to do an orbital high-five!  8)

if my hardware allows? now.

i'll be getting on within the moment

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll come on in a moment as well then, just hope the server doesn't blow up from 2 people at once!

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

PTW, just bought this recently, I might get some ideas if I stick around long enough.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

forsaken's server is beating my shit in with a hammer at the moment

magma actually asked me what sort of stuff must be occurring for me to be unable to put a rocket in orbit that's got enough delta-v to probably get the hell out of dodge and land on a planet so i'll give you a brief rundown

you know, other than the numerous amounts of udp connections/disconnections that i've been getting a fuckload of times (thankfully i at least managed to universe sync after a dozen attempts) there's the kraken which likes to kick in at random intervals especially when things are looking pretty promising and time jumps which turn my 9 seconds before apo into 30 seconds after apo and rapidly slamming back into kerbin

so there's an explanation for you. i'll keep trying to deliver the station core though, and it didn't work like this before as it was a far smoother ride before (as in about ten hours ago when i first checked it out)

ank and magma seemed to be playing without any connection problems though so there's that.

e:

here's the craft file go nuts
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:02:46 pm by LordSlowpoke »

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The kraken did eat on of my planes on the runway.

But it had Jeb in it, so he just teleported right next to the runway.... Jeb is badass.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

So after Ank and LordSlowpoke left, I played on for a while, and I launched two "space station modules", aka "things with docking ports and RCS on them", into identical high Kerbin orbit, I was trying to figure out how rendezvouses worked. No connection issues at all. Then I accidentally switched to Jebediah, and the server disconnected me and wouldn't let me join again. Maybe it has to do with the time warps I did, although I also switched between my own two crafts in between warps.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 03:28:31 pm by MagmaMcFry »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

cannot connect anymore. will go and design and fantasize about stuff

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Maybe the server crashed?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

training in bringing a helluvalot of fuel to laythe.

a bit of luck,

Spoiler: a bit of maths (click to show/hide)
(courtesy of http://alterbaron.github.io/ksp_aerocalc/ )

and some more luck after, perfect aereobrake planned almost from the ascent node (the correction once captured by laythe was 1.34dv)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

clapclapclap  8)

yes, I used to the last drop of the side tanks fuel to circularize.

I should probably remove a monopropellant tank and make the side rocket detachable,
but as a proof of concept of laythe refuel node it worked!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 06:05:10 pm by LoSboccacc »

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile

So, since MP hasn't been working very well for me, I decided to play around with my singleplayer career mode. I had installed Interstellar a while ago, and found out that the A.I. cores get a ton of research with a tiny bit of effort. I put up a core with a nuclear reactor that I figured would last a while, put on 100000x warp, and went to class. I came back with 1500 science, and a dead reactor, therefore a dead piece of debris around the Mun. I improved on my design (actually, I didn't even have a design for the first one) and basically created a satellite core for my next A.I. Science Satellite, so I could remove and add nuclear reactors and such. Once I got the core and a reactor into orbit, I added a science lab section populated by 2 Kerbals so I could regenerate most of the uranium I used up, keeping this satellite going for much longer than the other, which was still orbiting the Mun dead. I also included 4 escape pods, just in case. After I docked everything, I realized that... I had a port on my dead Satellite. I quickly (actually, really slowly) sent my new A.I. Science Sat with 2 Kerbals to the Mun, and almost cried because I couldn't undock the engine attached to the first Satellite. After I rendezvoused, I figured out a plan, and, quickly spinning my working Sat right next to the broken one, launched one of the escape pods off of a dock using centrifugal force, and apparently aimed well enough to blow up the engine section, leaving one open port. I then rearranged some stuff (I redocked the smaller nuclear generator that the new Sat uses where the escape pod had been, and accidentally took out a set of solar panels (whoops)), and docked to the old A.I. Satellite. I now have a Satellite around the Mun at 200km or so with 2 working A.I.s and a Science Lab manned by Kerbals giving me roughly 2 science a day, and it will be able to stay there for a huge amount of time, netting me enough science to complete my Interstellar KSP tree and allow me to make a few upgraded Alcubierre drives.

Satellite below
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 848