Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1489334 times)

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Word of advice: I had to manually modify the Kethane Converters to be able to convert Kethane into Near Future Propulsion's new fuels, Argon and Hydrogen. A future version of NFPP might fix that, but in the meantime I suggest you perform those modifications yourself.

Gotcha, thanks, will do - I've already done a bit of config tweaking to get Kethane parts to appear in my tech tree and to fix an animation bug in one of the drills, so happy to tweak a bit more.  Thanks!  :)
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Come on little buddy. You can do it. Keep trying.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit: What's a good flip mechanism for rovers? I guess a roll cage could work on this design. Or maybe the kerbal's head is sturdy enough?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 04:26:56 pm by BigD145 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Landing gear at certain angles.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

If the rover is lightweight enough, and/or the gravity is low enough, the most compact solution is 1x6 solar panels.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

0.6 tons so far.

It's so light Jeb can walk on top of it and it will move in that direction.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 04:42:14 pm by BigD145 »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

0.6 tons? That's already a very small car...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm still working on getting rolling sorted out. Hopefully that's not going to add too much weight. Most parts are under 0.08 tons.

Space tape is 0.05 tons. Sooooo heavy.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:49:20 pm by BigD145 »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

In that case, your best bet may actually be a small ladder part (not the extending ones) and have your kerbonaut grab on and use EVA thrusters.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Just got my first landing and return from minmus.  I actually landed more or less where I aimed too.  Not only did I gather oodles of science I learned things myself too.

• Your lifter stage may be a little bit TOO large when you still have 90% of it attached by the time you reach orbit.
  • Your lifter stage is definitely too large when you still have 90% of it attached when you reach orbit of your destination.
  • Really big rockets without RCS or additional reaction wheels are really hard to turn in space.
  • You can manually decouple parts by right clicking the decoupler.
  • By activating science parts repeatedly you can queue up many science transmissions in a row, even on the same part and go into time compression and they will all still transmit.  Useful for when your power generation can't keep up with your transmission requirements.
  • Minmus looks delicious
  • Minmus probably is not delicious
  • Somehow even when the sun is below the horizon, solar panels still get power when landed on minmus.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

The solar panels were pointed at the ground and were still in direct sunlight when I was done and took off.  I needed to use the eva suit lights to find the ladder while I was spamming sample collection.

Maybe it had to do with the time of day when I landed, it was sunset when I landed, and I transmitted with only solar power for half the night after.  Moment I got above 5000 meters when I took off I was on battery power.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

yeah solar panel shadow detection isn't the best. :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Lets be honest, KSP is buggy as hell.
Its still in alpha. This is expected.

I always get a chuckle out of it when people rage. "I spent 4 hours building a base in KSP and a bug killed my kermans and blew up all stuff wahh"

Yeah it happens.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

That's why God Squad invented quick-save.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 848