Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1489366 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Hehe, just unlocked the last of the vanilla science; with a good 1k+ science points left over even. A trip to Moho netted nearly 4k science points from just about draining everything dry.

Never actually went to the Jool system, but I have flags on both Kerbin moons, Eve, Moho, and Duna.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 06:32:12 pm by alway »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Then you know what you must do next.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

So I have a kerbalnaut currently on an escape velocity from Minmus and am not quite sure how to get him home.  I have a metric buttload of fuel on board but I only have 1.82 electric charge left (out of 1150, very wasteful of me) so I don't have the luxury of experimenting around with a lot of different thrust vectors.  What's the best way to get on a collision course with the atmosphere?
Don't your thrusters generate electricity?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Depends on the engine. The short engine is no-power generating.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That was weird. I'm sure everything is okay.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

OH GOD. THAT IS WONDEROUS. PLEASE TELL ME JEB OR BOB WAS FLYING.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

That was weird. I'm sure everything is okay.

Don't tell us you don't know what that's referencing.

Man, I gotta get to Jool.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I watched the films back in the 90's when I was a teenager. It seems to be affecting just one Science Jr. I have two probes docked to a ship that is intended for Laythe. It's too bad the interior of this one probe isn't different, like turning all the lights from blue to red.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:57:18 pm by BigD145 »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

I watched the films back in the 90's when I was a teenager. It seems to be affecting just one Science Jr.

There are randomized messages.  I've noticed a couple Crew Reports that only appeared once for me in the same conditions.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aw. I screwed up and dipped into Jool's atmosphere while maneuvering in map mode. The ship icon stopped showing way before so I wasn't certain where it was.

The whole ship is unmanned.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 08:07:12 pm by BigD145 »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

pretty soon KSP will be 'Event Horizon': The Game. *shudders*
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The station orbital speed is 6660.6 m/s and it's pointing at Jool. I think I recreated the conditions for Event Horizon. Tom Kermin is freaking out. I await the day I link up a power hub and Tom gouges out his own eyes.

pretty soon KSP will be 'Event Horizon': The Game. *shudders*
I gave the station power.
DON'T GO TO JOOL
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 10:03:19 pm by BigD145 »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, after my earlier, failed attempts, I finally managed to get a "Lifeboat" down to Jeb on the Munar surface. I'm not sure he was ready to come back yet, but either way he's back in Munar orbit with Bill and they both have a refueled vehicle to get back to Kerbin with. Only minor problem is I had to try to land a lander with no lights on the dark side with only a small floodlight on the cottage (and the hud, I guess) as a target.

All is well once again... at least until we see how they can screw this simple return mission up.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just watched Event Horizon today. For reasons completely unrelated to this thread.

Tom Kerman: I am home.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 10:22:28 pm by Leonon »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

I have to say I'm pretty miffed at the Sensor Array Nosecone. While it brings back ok science (20-24) it claims to be giving you ten times that until you actually transmit or recover it.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 848