Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1489713 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Has anyone else been getting a bug where when you go EVA, your kerbal flops through the ground and then your screen goes black, your altimeter spazzes out, and the game crashes? It's really ticking me off, landed on the Mun ready to bring back a ton of Science and then that happened.
I had that too. To I intentionally ascribed it to the fact that Bill smashed into the ocean at Mach 5 (approx). But yeah, the altimeter changed to 500 meters, Bill got stuck in the bottom of the ocean, and the altimeter slowly counted down to 0. It crashed when I pressed recover.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

You can knock flags over, and pick them back up. Never had that bug.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ye gods I suck at this game so hard. Does having multiples of the same science modules yield extra science at all? That way I could at least have a semi-balanced probe...

Each module can be used in different locations, but multiple scans of the same location won't really help you. SO.
Having multiples on a craft you're planning on recovering does allow you to return more than a single part would, but each extra part returns less than the previous. I put 3 of each module on my returning craft.

If you're transmitting instead of recovering you can design your probe with the goo canister at the very front to make it balanced without adding the mass of an extra container.

Use X to set it to two way symmetry and get the two instances inside of each other then press Shift+X to set it to nonsymetric and add the part.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

Having multiple containers of goo is still useful, though. You can open each one at a different altitude in order to bring back the data from all of them, instead of one location each flight.
Nothing important here, move along.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

I just go with a bunch of them on the side of my ship. *shrugs*
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

What now, Mun?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Landing without the lander struts was really hard.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile

EDIT 2: Derp, I'm an idiot. Sub assemblies work with old files. But I found a way to turn Sandbox games into Career games with a full working tech tree and progression if anyone's interested.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 05:05:41 pm by Glloyd »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Alright, when I started 0.22 up for the first time, I was pretty annoyed because the feature I was looking forward to the most, sub-assemblies, was unavailable in old saves. I did some testing, and messing around with the save files, and discovered it's not an issue with old saves, it's an issue with sandbox. You can't use sub-assemblies at all in sandbox, which IMO is a horrible design decision. Luckily, if you want to use sub-assemblies in an old save file, or any sandbox file, looking at the save file it looks like you can just change MODE = 0 to MODE = 1 at the top of your save file. Not sure if this breaks anything yet, but I'll let people know if it works/blows up the galaxy.
Please check whatever you're smoking for impurities and look again. Subassemblies work perfectly fine in sandbox.

Make sure you're not checking for subassemblies prior to selecting a pod for a new craft, because the tab does not become active until you have something in the editor.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile

Alright, when I started 0.22 up for the first time, I was pretty annoyed because the feature I was looking forward to the most, sub-assemblies, was unavailable in old saves. I did some testing, and messing around with the save files, and discovered it's not an issue with old saves, it's an issue with sandbox. You can't use sub-assemblies at all in sandbox, which IMO is a horrible design decision. Luckily, if you want to use sub-assemblies in an old save file, or any sandbox file, looking at the save file it looks like you can just change MODE = 0 to MODE = 1 at the top of your save file. Not sure if this breaks anything yet, but I'll let people know if it works/blows up the galaxy.
Please check whatever you're smoking for impurities and look again. Subassemblies work perfectly fine in sandbox.

Make sure you're not checking for subassemblies prior to selecting a pod for a new craft, because the tab does not become active until you have something in the editor.

I'd opened the wrong files, and only realized that after the fact :P Sub assemblies work with old saves too, who would know. I did learn a fair bit by messing with the save files though.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 05:06:11 pm by Glloyd »

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

I need help. I really suck at making rendezvous with objects already in orbit. Is there any vanilla way to figure out how to do an intercept, and if not, are there any mods that can do that without adding too much other stuff I won't use?
Nothing important here, move along.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile

Well there's Mechjeb. I've never used it, but from what I hear, it works well for that sort of thing. For me, I try to launch when the object you're going to is near, then stabilizing your orbit along the lines of the object (maneuver nodes work well for this). From there, it's just a matter of using small adjustments to bring yourself closer and closer, then using small engines or RCS once you get within 10km or so to dock with it.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

I need help. I really suck at making rendezvous with objects already in orbit. Is there any vanilla way to figure out how to do an intercept, and if not, are there any mods that can do that without adding too much other stuff I won't use?
I also have this issue. DAMN YOU SPACE STATIONS! YOUR SECRET ELUDES ME!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile

The wiki may also help here, particularly the section on docking and rendezvous.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay. Finally in orbit around Duna. Now let's rendezvous with the space station. Hey, why are you orbiting in the opposite direction?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just completed a Duna mission, complete with an orbit around Ike! Wasn't set up for landing, but hey, I managed to get back to Kerbin with just 10 liters of fuel left, not too shabby! (Landed with a deep aerobraking maneuver, of course!)

I'm especially excited because this is only my second interplanetary trip EVER, as well as my first unassisted trip(using mechjeb)

I also netted over 800 science this mission! Next stop, EVE!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 848