Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1490026 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

So, how do you install Mechjeb 2 in the new system?  I get that you need to add tech level unlocks, but all other mods have a simple gamedata folder you can toss in.  Mechjeb is a bit more weird.

Install as normal but add this to your mechjeb part .cfg file under...

Code: [Select]
    // --- editor parameters ---
    TechRequired = start
    entryCost = 0

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

120 science from mun samples.

Damn. I'm still at the part of the tech tree where everything costs 90 and got a 560 science mission under my belt now.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I'm doing a mun mission now. about 70% of my rocket launch weight was SRB

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Note to self: Put radio antennas on everything.

I don't know how expensive Science Goo is, but I bet it's not free.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Note to self: Put radio antennas on everything.

I don't know how expensive Science Goo is, but I bet it's not free.
Fortunately money isn't in the game just yet, so science goo IS free.

Well.. you have to unlock it with other science, if thats what you mean.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

What's that control? You need Jeb to deliver the mun samples to the science center when he returns? Okay.

Talk about pinpoint landing. This was a total accident return from the mun, I was targeting the KSC manually but wow...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

"When we wanted the rocket's payload delivered to the science division, we didn't intend for Jeb to CRASH THE ROCKET INTO THE BUILDING!"

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

"When we wanted the rocket's payload delivered to the science division, we didn't intend for Jeb to CRASH THE ROCKET INTO THE BUILDING!"
Jeb's express delivery service. Where parcels are delivered so fast, they're blue-shifted!

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it possible for materiel science labs to survive water landings or do I have to aim for land to recover them?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They can survive water landings just fine. I've been testing things, but the lack of an early power source really is annoying.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Water and land landings work if you add parachutes to slow down more. One parachute per large part seems about right. One per lab and one for the crew capsule.

My first munar mission did not land but got Science Jr. and goo readings from high mun and low mun orbit. Got about 220 science. Tech'd up to barometer and temp and tiny solars. I need a skylab so bad for a steady trickle of science.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shamelessly using Mechjeb, I'm making Munar flybys to collect more science to unlock more items.  Currently working towards solar panels and fuel lines, which will enable Asparagus and not-burning-fuel-to-get-electricity which should enable some much more far-reaching missions...

I find this VERY interesting.  Suddenly we're not loading orange tanks everywhere!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's way fun to be forced to do things I'm not used to doing (no sarcasm).

I was disappointed to find that I still put Mechjeb too early in the tech tree for my tastes, in the same spot as ASAS. Before I unlocked it, though, I managed to do a mun flyby by flying straight up, so that was nice. (It was an accident, too!)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do the old sensors (thermometer, barometer, etc.) give science?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do the old sensors (thermometer, barometer, etc.) give science?
A streamer before said yes.  It's the next thing I'm unlocking, so I'll report findings as well.
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 848