Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1484662 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #5355 on: September 16, 2013, 12:10:12 pm »

I do most of my Mun landings by getting my orbit so that I'm pretty much falling straight at the Mun, and full burn to slow myself down to roughly 200 m/s, then slow burning to slow down to like, 2-6 m/s as I approach the surface.

I dunno if the Demo is different than the full version in the landing aspect, or if this is even remotely fuel efficient, but hey, none of my shuttles would have made it home anyhow.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #5356 on: September 16, 2013, 12:36:52 pm »

I usually do my Mun landings using a reusable nuclear shuttle (basically a fuel tank with a single nuclear engine) to which I dock my lander (3 kerb capsule, a bit of fuel, RCS, the works) and then set off on a Hohmann transfer towards the Mun. After I land there, I rezendvous with the nuclear shuttle again, return it to Kerbin and return the lander.

That is what it would look like ideally. Most of the time I just mess up either of the dockings or crash.

The thing's got enough Delta V, though.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: September 16, 2013, 03:18:58 pm »

Landing on the Mun at night is tricky when you can barely see the ground.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: September 16, 2013, 03:43:03 pm »

Atleast you have gotten there. I think I have once gotten into its orbit, but thats all.

In other news, I have made a youtubes video for KSP. Please check it out and yell aggressively in the comments.
My name there is DADeathinacan.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: September 16, 2013, 07:38:23 pm »

Damn it, $23 dollars that I figured would be in my wallet by now, GET IN MAH WALLET!
I am seriously fricken chomping at the bit for the full version after seeing some of the things people have built on the KSP forums.
I REQUIRE THIS MAGIC.
[/childishrage]

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: September 16, 2013, 10:44:07 pm »

Screenshots of recent accomplishments:

I finally put enough ships in one place on Minmus that it lags!
The SSTO didn't have enough fuel to quite make Minmus orbit, so the kerbal had to push, then it had to be rescued, probably the highlight of the adventure.
Spoiler: Base! (click to show/hide)

Speaking of SSTOs... I also put this thing into orbit. Amazingly, the hatch isn't obstructed, so the kerbal can get in and out.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: September 17, 2013, 06:17:48 am »

Gentlemen, I present to you...
A Kerbal Webcomic...
http://www.kerbalcomics.com/2012/02/01/episode-one-jebs-passion/
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: September 17, 2013, 09:42:37 am »

i am looking at the Kethane mod. is it any good?

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: September 17, 2013, 09:54:04 am »

i am looking at the Kethane mod. is it any good?
It allows you to establish bases on other planets to refuel ships.

You can either land the ship on the planet, or use a little shuttle to go to and from the planet to an orbital refuelling point.
that sounds luvverly. i will definetly be trying it out.

also, are there any mods that add spherical fuel tanks?

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #5364 on: September 17, 2013, 09:56:52 am »

Gives you purpose, and a reason to make bases on other planets. Making bases on other planets requires you to plan much longer-term, which is cool. For instance, I've got a Mun base right now that gets Kethane, but I need a Kethane skycrane and I plan on having a Mun-orbit Kethane conversion station :)

Right now I'm holding off on playing any more until the new version comes out, because it appears to have all the awesome things, including research to give a sense of progression and ways to save ship parts!

Was ninja'd :(

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: September 17, 2013, 11:14:20 am »

Landing on the Mun at night is tricky when you can barely see the ground.

Night, one of the concepts that are simple when you are thinking in terms of earth but gets confusing once you are in space.

Since Night is only the part of the planet that faces away from the sun.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: September 17, 2013, 11:43:12 am »

Finally fired up the game yesterday.

How do I space ship?  :o
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: September 17, 2013, 11:46:03 am »

lordslowpoke's pro manual tospaceship:

1. get the parts\
2; get the struts ??
3. combine part with strut
4.point spaceward
6. laugh as explodes
7. go to #5

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: September 17, 2013, 11:55:10 am »

General rules for space flight:
1: Attach engine-fuel-capsule
2: Fly upwards to ~10km
3: Gravity turn by leaning to ~45 degrees
4: When you leave atmosphere, turn to 90 degrees and get your speed up.
5: Go back to space center and add more engines.
6: Add more fuel.
7: Add more engines.
8: Your craft is dangerous, add space tape (struts)
9: Goto 5.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: September 17, 2013, 12:03:20 pm »

Hint for troubled spaceflights.

if the ship is wobbling, add more spacetape.

If it is still wobbling, add even more spacetape.
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 848