Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1484952 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I edit my guys stupidity and courage. They always only show the grin of the truly mentally ill to me. In contemplation of this I come to the realization this does not invalidate what you said and in fact may make it worse.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 02:27:35 am by Criptfeind »

Linenoise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I finally got the game and all I know for certain at this time is that I am not very good at making rockets. I think I will fit right in with these Kerbin chaps...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

1. More struts.
2. More boosters.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

how well developed is this game? is it a complete game yet?

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I edit my guys stupidity and courage. They always only show the grin of the truly mentally ill to me. In contemplation of this I come to the realization this does not invalidate what you said and in fact may make it worse.
Don't worry about it too much. You may have brainwashed a species to have no sense of self preservation as you strap them to giant rockets and hurl them into the void, but it's not the worst thing Bay12 has ever done.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Remember, when Jeb starts screaming you know the mission's fucked.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Remember, when Jeb starts screaming you know the mission's fucked.

Does Jeb have like a special like. Something in the game that makes him like that? Because I've sorta noticed the same thing, but his stats say Bill is just as brave as Jeb is and Jeb is actually smarter then Bill. Edit: Although to be honest I don't actually know if the stats do anything. I assumed they controlled when they panicked, but maybe not.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Jeb isn't the only on that reacts like that, actually.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

They have a special tag in their identity files. I believe it's [BAD_S].
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

how well developed is this game? is it a complete game yet?
Yes and no. Its playable, but not done yet. Think of it like Dwarf Fortress in that regard.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile

So I bought the game, and after a few tutorials managed to land on the Mun on the second try, using the default Kerbal X rocket. Only problem is that the lander has next to no fuel left, and even if it did, the engine broke off during the crash unusually harsh landing. The kerbonauts are fine though, so now I'm trying to design another rocket with more fuel that can bring the three maniacs back home in one piece. From what I've observed from this thread, it seems that events like these are par for the course.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

You don't have to get the lander all the way onto the Mun and back, you can always send a ship with enough fuel to get into low Mun orbit and back, and dock them.  If there's no clamp just synchronize the orbits and have your kerbals jump across, it's safer than it sounds.
Shoes...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

it's safer than it sounds.

the creed of kerbal aerospace

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like having a smallish lander with a couple of the smaller radial engines and a docking port of the back. Then I have a larger stage that it launches with with a docking port on front. When they get to Mun, i have them undock, lander lands. Later flies back up and reattaches.
Signature goes here.
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 848