Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1485001 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I added four struts, but it still came off.  It doesn't matter though, that was the last mission of its kind.  My next step is to construct the Kerba Orbital Station, and with all the refueling and dry-dock abilities that gives me I'll be able to bring sturdier landers if I ever go back to Mun.
Shoes...

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile

If a ship isn't composed of at least 70% struts, you're bound to have issues.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

I'm just going to say that Struts are like Dakka. There is never enough.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

with all the refueling and dry-dock abilities that gives me I'll be able to bring sturdier landers if I ever go back to Mun.

quid refuelet ipsos refueler?

:P

in the end I went for a refueling tanker ship to be launched to every long range mission, as it was less launches overall anyway.

I would love to build a huge in orbital spaceship but it requires some working version of the docking strut mod - also will have to wait the next save change.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I'm not gonna build anything huge, I'm just gonna use it as support.  As for who refuels the refueler, it shouldn't be too hard to lug a few orange tanks into orbit and dock them.
Shoes...

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm taking a break after my third failed attempt to dock, the first time because I couldn't get close, the second time because I couldn't get close before I ran out of monopropellant, and the third time because I ran out of monopropellant after a half hour of fiddling around with 50 meters of the station and never succeeding. Seriously, I try to change the facing of something and it causes me to gain speed that I can't possibly reduce without changing the heading back to where it was, and overall everything is just erratic as my craft doesn't rotate without rcs. I don't think it's as easy as some people make it seem.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you usong the docking commands with an asas by any chance?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope, never seen any.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, there lies the trick.

Put an asas on it will keep your ship direction, then enter docking mode which basically will switch the rotation to translation (like how eva kerbal moves)

Default keybinds, delete to enter dicking mode, space to switch between translation and rotation

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Ok, there lies the trick.

Put an asas on it will keep your ship direction, then enter docking mode which basically will switch the rotation to translation (like how eva kerbal moves)

Default keybinds, delete to enter dicking mode, space to switch between translation and rotation
...that's how I will refer to the docking control mode from now on.

:P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

Finally boarded the bandwagon of the full version of KSP. Not used to some of the updated stuff, since I was using the old version demo for some time. Came to realize how much I suck at engineering design; at least, where assisted takeoffs are concerned, although my aircraft design isn't as bad as I initially thought. I was able to make a decent glider and guide it to the landing strip just fine. I just lacked air brakes of any sort, and had to stall-land it. Made it close, and my Kerbal survived the crash landing with half the ship still intact missing half of the runway, and stopping with a quarter of it, only slightly going off the runway into the grass.

Not bad for a pretty heavy ship with no means of stopping. I know how to crash land, at least. Hell, even with a ship the was seemingly not as good aerodynamically, I crash-landed it like the beginning of Pitch Black. I don't know how my Kerbals survive more than half my crashes, but they do.

CURRENT KSP STAGE:
Still grounded. Working on making a reusable space shuttle design, as well as an efficient rocket that guarantees a space launch.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:54:46 am by Itnetlolor »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

We did it.  We found the ARCH.  It was majestic.  From orbit it looked so tiny.  Vacuum does weird things to your depth perception, up close we found it was enormous.

Because of the Mun's unnaturally perfect orbit, once every Munar year the sun is totally eclipsed by Kerbin, directly above the ARCH.  The History Channel tells me this is clear proof that the ARCH, and possibly the Mun itself, was made by aliens.

We arrived just in time to see the eclipse.  It was too beautiful, didn't spoil it with pictures.
Shoes...

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile

We arrived just in time to see the eclipse.  It was too beautiful, didn't spoil it with pictures.
This is TOTALLY not just because you got all the way to the Mun, and realized that while you brought the Just-Snap-It brand camera you had forgotten the film for it back on Kerbin. That's not the case whatsoever.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

We did it.  We found the ARCH.  It was majestic.  From orbit it looked so tiny.  Vacuum does weird things to your depth perception, up close we found it was enormous.

Because of the Mun's unnaturally perfect orbit, once every Munar year the sun is totally eclipsed by Kerbin, directly above the ARCH.  The History Channel tells me this is clear proof that the ARCH, and possibly the Mun itself, was made by aliens.

You're absolutely right. The Arch, the Mun, and the entire Kerbol system were created by an advanced form of life known as "humans".
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because we control there every move. thus they cant be AI.
We don't completely control them, they are still able to show emotions in reaction to things. They're trapped in bodies that they are not in control of and can only watch as we have them do blatantly stupid and dangerous things.

That look of terror on their faces? We did that.
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 848